Vice President Marketing
Role: Vice President Marketing
Reporting to: Chief Revenue Officer
Our goal at Pivotree is to help accelerate the future of frictionless commerce. We will help lead this change over the next decade because we believe a future where technology is embedded intimately into all aspects of our everyday lives can benefit everyone and will shape the interactions with the brands we love. We will help shape the future of frictionless commerce by working together with some of the best brands in the world and some of the best people in the industry to leverage converging technologies that will make it possible to accelerate frictionless commerce faster than ever.
Pivotree provides services focused on the design, implementation, management, and maintenance of complex ecommerce solutions for large enterprises. We provide the technical skills necessary to enable the effective use of technologies combined with the business context to leverage a solution to solve our clients' business challenges. We strive to fill the gaps in available technology with our own IP to reduce the barriers to adoption.
We enable inclusive, immersive and highly personalized experiences for our clients and their customers. We build our products with a view to productizing and scaling technology to lower the costs and reduce the risks of implementing and managing our integrated solutions. Each of our solutions starts with reliable and reputable e-commerce and MDM platforms, which run on enterprise grade infrastructure that are customized to meet a variety of client needs, situations, and budgets. Over the next 10 years we will add new categories and capabilities that will define frictionless commerce ecosystems.
This is a journey of technology acceleration combined with consumer readiness and adoption. We are looking for people capable of adapting relentlessly to the rapidly evolving world around us.
The VP Marketing is a strategic role that is focused on developing, implementing and executing a strategic marketing plan. This person will be responsible for all areas of marketing. The individual must be comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment with both internal and external partners to build the Company's brand and broadly drive and support our demand generation objectives, including but not limited to working with key channel partners to support events, managing content and inbound marketing programs and generating qualified leads for the sales organization. In addition, the candidate should have suitable domain expertise within IT and the broad ecommerce or information management solution stack comprising the ecommerce software platform, professional services / delivery and managed services / hosting. As the Company has recently undergone a rebranding effort in order to better represent our strategic offerings in the market, a strong focus on brand awareness and what our brand represents is a critical success factor for this role. The VP of Marketing will be the key driver in promoting this new brand and ensuring that the market understands the strategic and premium service that we are providing.
This role will lead a small marketing team that is passionate, knowledgeable and cares deeply about the brand, customers and partners.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Build the Company Brand – We recently completed a rebranding exercise and the VP of Marketing will need to activate the new brand a long term brand campaign.
- Manage the Company's Brand – be an evangelist, manage the website, social media Channels, blog, newsletter and publicity activity to promote the company and build reputation with potential prospects and partners. Must have a strong sense of brand and how to build and protect it.
- Lead the development of customer journey profiles based on market segment analysis and a deeper understanding around positioning value propositions.
- Support Product and Practice requirements – working closely with Practice Leaders and Product managers to activate strategy developed inside these groups.
- Partner Marketing – build and maintain relationships with key partners to plan and execute co-marketing programs designed to generate leads for the partners, and strengthen the partner relationships – these include webinars, events, content pieces
- Event Marketing: Manage tradeshow schedule and project manage the execution of events in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
- Sales Enablement – arm sales with the tools they need to generate opportunities and close business – this includes collateral, sales materials, event support and planning
- Planning and Strategy – build and execute yearly marketing plan with assigned budget and targets, track direct and influenced marketing opportunity and revenue and provide monthly reports to executive team outlining results, work with executive team to build marketing strategy and get buy in for marketing programs
- Demand Generation – manage Content and Inbound marketing programs including campaigns and lead scoring to generate and qualify direct leads for sales, as well as influence existing prospects with content marketing and thought leadership pieces. Pivotree has a high percent of our leads come through partners and we have a goal of self-generating more leads.
- Social Media: The VP Marketing will oversee our social media marketing as part of our overall integrated marketing initiatives, working with internal stakeholders to develop and publish relevant content to help drive brand awareness and establish Pivotree as a thought leader in the markets that we serve.
- PR: The VP Marketing, in collaboration with our external marketing agency, will develop press release and pitch our news to relevant media outlets.
- Content: Create / Commission and Co-ordinate an agreed upon stream of content assets that will drive leads, support social selling and build awareness, (examples include blog posts, whitepapers, customer case studies, infographics, guides, templates, etc.).
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum 10 years of experience in B2B marketing in the technology sector, and a proven track record in achieving marketing pipeline and demand generation as measured by Sales Qualified Leads (SQL).
- Evangelizing brand and marketing strategy so that we will be recognized as a leader in Managed Application Services for Ecommerce and a strategic professional services firm.
- Proven expertise and experience as an inbound marketer across both direct and indirect go-to-market models in technology B2B.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge and awareness for managing strategic marketing processes
- Can call upon appropriate frameworks to overcome processes and manage others
- Demonstrated analytical ability – knows what metrics are important and has a strong understanding of how to influence those metrics.
- Must be a true leader – can defined what needs to be done and manage the process with limited day-to-day direction.
- Possesses channel-specific knowledge regarding the development and effective use of blogs and other social media tactics.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ecommerce and Online Retailing Experience and proven knowledge of how decisions are made by key stakeholders
- Is comfortable in a technology environment with a natural curiosity and desire to stay informed regarding market trends.
- Possesses a strong customer orientation and superb relationship skills with the ability to influence and persuade across the organization and within the partner ecosystem.
- Strong strategic thinking skills with an ability to develop and execute plans that align to strategic objectives.
- Effectively analyzes and solves problems, with a bias to action and results.
- Results-oriented and a proven track record of driving outcomes.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills; able to manage multiple projects.
- Comfort with ambiguity and change; able to work comfortably in a cross-functional and team-based environment.
- Experience working with remote teams – must effectively collaborate with key business partners and team members who are off-site/remote.
- Possesses channel-specific knowledge of social media technology including blog, SlideShare, Facebook and Twitter.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business/ Marketing or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a comparable role, managing a company’s inbound marketing strategy program and initiatives.
Pivotree is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible workplace.