Role: Solution Architect - VTEX (Virtual)
Reporting to: VP, Technology
Pivotree is a leading global commerce and MDM services provider. We provide end-to-end services supporting clients from strategy, platform selection, deployment, and hosting through to ongoing support. We operate as a single expert resource to help companies adapt relentlessly in an ever-changing digital commerce landscape. Leading and innovative clients rely on our deep expertise to choose enterprise-proven solutions and design, build, and connect critical systems to run smoothly at defining moments in a commerce business. Pivotree serves as a trusted partner to over 170 market-leading brands and forward-thinking B2C and B2B companies, including many in the Fortune 1000. With offices and customers in the Americas, EMEA, and APAC, Pivotree is widely recognized as a high-growth company and industry leader around the globe.
Pivotree went public in October 2020 and has an aggressive growth objective including strategic acquisitions in the near future. 2018 was a transformational year for us with the combination of three existing businesses in this sector: Tenzing, ThinkWrap and Spark:Red.
Our team is made up of a diverse blend of engineers, solution architects, programmers, UI developers, project managers and analysts who work together to create and deliver next-generation Commerce and Master Data Management (MDM) solutions.
As a Solution Architect focusing on VTEX clients, you will be responsible for defining and vetting software and product solutions that best address client business needs. Having the right mix of both technical and business skills will allow you to explain complex solutions to audiences of varying technical understanding. You will use your knowledge to influence which frameworks, software solutions, platforms and technologies are used considering current and future objectives. As a member of the Architecture team, you will also be contributing internally to assist the VP of Architecture in evolving the Centre of Excellence across the broader organization.
This position is virtual, open to candidates in South America & other global locations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead technical delivery leveraging the VTEX platform from design to launch.
- Design solution architectures that effectively address both functional and non-functional requirements leveraging SaaS platforms.
- Strong understanding of Commerce, OMS and Marketplace.
- Designing VTEX customizations leveraging VTEX IO.
- Clearly articulate complex technical solutions to key business stakeholders.
- Ability to build deep relationships with customers and become a trusted advisor.
- Provide technical leadership to teams working within a disciplined development methodology (SAFe)
- Propose solutions and provide effort estimates for existing customers engagements and during the sales process.
- Actively participate in Pre-sales activities including solutioning, estimating, planning, resourcing and presenting.
- Mentor, coach and motivate developers.
- Working with the project manager to support the technical aspects of project delivery including planning, estimating, quality, change and risk management.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing customer requirements and technology landscape.
- Drive towards delivery excellence and customer delight
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to set and manage appropriate customer expectations when defining solutions
- Work with peers to strive for continuous improvement through establishing and driving best practices and processes in architecture
- Support the VP of Architecture in working through the vision and mission of the department across the broader organization.
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Education: Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years as a Solution Architect leveraging VTEX with a proven track record of successfully delivering complex commerce solutions.
- Excellent communication skills (English), with the ability to work with stakeholders of all levels both technical and non-technical.
- Ability to produce detailed solution architecture diagrams and documentation.
- Ability to prepare and lead client technical working sessions.
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies and core principles.
- Strong background in software development.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed team members
- Experience providing technical leadership in developing team members
- Deep understanding of a variety of software architecture patterns including:
- Headless Commerce
- Layered (n-tier)
- General knowledge or experience with other widely used eCommerce platforms including:
- Oracle Commerce Cloud (OCC)
- SAP Commerce Cloud (Hybris)
- Salesforce Commerce Cloud (B2C - Demandware)
- Strong understanding of modern DevOps practices
- Knowledge of public cloud infrastructure and services such as AWS
Pivotree is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible workplace.