Project Control Officer
Project Control Officer (PCO)
Pivotree architects, builds, hosts and manages a wide range of commerce experiences for well-known domestic and global brands. Customers turn to Pivotree as their trusted partner when they want to grow revenue, increase online and in-store traffic, improve customer experience, grow a loyal customer base, achieve operational efficiencies, and higher profits.
Pivotree is a privately-held and venture backed company with an aggressive growth objective including strategic acquisitions. 2018 was a transformational year for Pivotree with the combination of three existing businesses in this sector: Tenzing, ThinkWrap and Spark:Red. Our combined team is made up of a diverse blend of engineers, solution architects, programmers, UI developers, project managers and analysts who work together to create and manage next-generation commerce excellence. We hold ourselves to the very highest standards and our employees take great pride in our accomplishments.
PCO Position Summary:
We’re on the hunt for an experienced Project Control Officer (PCO) within our enterprise Project Management Office team. The main responsibilities of the PCO are to maintain the portfolio of projects, ensure adherence to project gating and provide support to Project Managers on administrative duties and project controls (financials, scheduling, scope, risks and issues). The PCO owns reporting and data tracking of the portfolio of projects, assisting with structuring and executing analysis, creating and presenting reports to enhance project portfolio data quality and process consistency. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience administering multiple small to medium concurrent projects, working in a matrix organization and interacting with clients. You have a good understanding of project management, quality methodologies, risk management and bring at least three years of project related experience, possess a high degree of professionalism, have exceptional written and oral communication skills, and have strong technical knowledge and experience with IT development and consulting.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Support project managers in planning, reporting and tracking of project scope, schedule and costs
- Set up project plans for several projects using project management tool/JIRA/Time tracking tools
- Maintain plans and status against project gates (financial, resources, deliverables, etc.) throughout the life of projects
- Examine project documentation/data for completeness and accuracy
- Assist with resource allocation, forecasting, insights into utilization for portfolio of projects
- Work closely with the ePMO to produce and maintain the portfolio of all projects including leadership dashboard views, overall health indicators
- Support the intake of new work and liaise with ePMO for assignments
- Ensure adherence to the PM processes, tools and methodologies designed by the PMO team
- Support the Procurement team regarding vendor and contractor invoice administration related to projects
- Provide administrative support to enable the Scrum Master/Project Manager to focus on his/her core delivery responsibilities
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH:
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Project Control Officer or equivalent
- Project Management: experienced in project / program environment; comprehensive knowledge of project/program management methodologies and tools, including Agile and Waterfall.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and willing to learn additional information systems and or software
- Analytical skills: experienced in reporting creation and KPIs, familiar with critical path analysis, resource and capacity planning, and portfolio dependencies from an administrative perspective
- Ability to manage and forecast project budgets, to report on project financials, and to ensure timely and accurate invoicing
- Demonstrated high level of communication, both written and verbal
THE RIGHT PERSON IS:
- Has a high attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Creates and promotes a positive work environment where people are on-side, feel a collective sense of accountability, and are recognized for success
- Committed to ensuring a high level of stakeholder satisfaction through prompt and efficient communication and proactive support
- Decisive and able to adapt to change and competing demands
- motivated team player with strong coordination abilities, high level of rigor and is able to function in a dynamic environment.
- Self-motivated and ready to roll up their sleeves and get into it!
Does this sound like you? Please apply with your resume and include any additional links you think might be relevant (LinkedIn, published work, social, etc.).
We’re a dynamic and diverse group, and we recognize that experience comes in many shapes and sizes. If you “just about” meet the requirements we’ve laid out, we want to hear from you and encourage you to apply for this position.