SAP Hybris Developer
Role: SAP Hybris Developer
Reporting to: Development Manager
Location: Ottawa, or Remote
Our goal at Pivotree is to help accelerate the future of frictionless commerce. We will help lead this change over the next decade because we believe a future where technology is embedded intimately into all aspects of our everyday lives can benefit everyone and will shape the interactions with the brands we love. We will help shape the future of frictionless commerce by working together with some of the best brands in the world and some of the best people in the industry to leverage converging technologies that will make it possible to accelerate frictionless commerce faster than ever.
Pivotree provides services focused on the design, implementation, management, and maintenance of complex ecommerce solutions for large enterprises. We provide the technical skills necessary to enable the effective use of technologies combined with the business context to leverage a solution to solve our clients' business challenges. We strive to fill the gaps in available technology with our own IP to reduce the barriers to adoption.
We enable inclusive, immersive and highly personalized experiences for our clients and their customers. We build our products with a view to productizing and scaling technology to lower the costs and reduce the risks of implementing and managing our integrated solutions. Each of our solutions starts with reliable and reputable e-commerce and MDM platforms, which run on enterprise grade infrastructure that are customized to meet a variety of client needs, situations, and budgets. Over the next 10 years we will add new categories and capabilities that will define frictionless commerce ecosystems.
This is a journey of technology acceleration combined with consumer readiness and adoption. We are looking for people capable of adapting relentlessly to the rapidly evolving world around us.
Pivotree is a growing eCommerce professional services company. Our clients range from mid-sized retailers to large national corporations. We architect and build a wide range of commerce web sites based on Oracle Commerce (ATG) and SAP hybris technologies, and we integrate those applications into our clients’ order processing infrastructures. We excel at what we do. We hold ourselves to the very highest standards and our staff take great pride in our accomplishments.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Creating high-quality code and developing Java-based services and applications using SAP hybris, Java EE, Spring Framework and Web Services;
- Architecting, designing, programming, and configuring the SAP Hybris commerce platform
- Contributing to project/task definition and planning and supporting account managers and technical team leads;
- Leading a technical team through the solution design, build and adoption life cycle aligned to a successful business outcome
- Contributing to analysis, design, development and support of application extensions/add-Ons for the hybris platform;
- Striving for continuous improvement by collaborating with others throughout the development lifecycle to review peer code and identify areas for enhancement.
- Working with more junior members of the team to provide technical guidance and coaching to directly contribute to their growth and development
- Work closely with leadership and other development/project teams in creating, updating and maintaining technical documentation and best practices
- Assist team members in helping them to plan and manage their time and priorities according to technical and project requests.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent; Masters degree in Software Engineering is preferred
- 7+ years of hands-on experience working on SAP Hybris Commerce as a Developer
- 8+ years experience in software development and architecture
- Experience coaching and mentoring more junior members of the team
- Previous experience working with globally distributed teams
- Experience managing concurrent, full implementations of SAP Hybris Commerce as a developer, technical consultant or architect
- Experience with full SAP Hybris Commerce implementations that vary in scope, size and complexity
- Extensive experience customising the Hybris Commerce framework according to business and technical/design specs
- Experience in architecting, designing, programming, and configuring the SAP Hybris commerce platform and deep functional understanding of its capabilities and limitations
- Experience creating RESTful APIs to expose SAP Hybris Commerce functionalities programmatically
- Experience with Agile development methodology and delivery
- Strong communication, team working, technical writing and documentation skills
- Certified Hybris Commerce V5 developer, and certified Hybris core developer V4
- Hands-on experience using V4/5/6
- Extensive experience with the following technologies:
- Java and Java EE
- Java frameworks such as Spring, Spring MVC, Struts and Hibernate
- JSP, Ajax, HTML/CSS.
- IDEs such as Eclipse and Intellij IDEA.
- Source control tools such as git.
- SOAP and RESTful web service development in Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Agile development methodologies.
- XML, XSD and JAXB.
- Relational database design and ORM.
Pivotree is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible workplace.