Senior Technical Application Support Analyst
Role: Senior Technical Application Support Analyst
Reporting to: Productions Support Manager
Our goal at Pivotree is to help accelerate the future of frictionless commerce. We will help lead this change over the next decade because we believe a future where technology is embedded intimately into all aspects of our everyday lives can benefit everyone and will shape the interactions with the brands we love. We will help shape the future of frictionless commerce by working together with some of the best brands in the world and some of the best people in the industry to leverage converging technologies that will make it possible to accelerate frictionless commerce faster than ever.
Pivotree provides services focused on the design, implementation, management, and maintenance of complex ecommerce solutions for large enterprises. We provide the technical skills necessary to enable the effective use of technologies combined with the business context to leverage a solution to solve our clients' business challenges. We strive to fill the gaps in available technology with our own IP to reduce the barriers to adoption.
We enable inclusive, immersive and highly personalized experiences for our clients and their customers. We build our products with a view to productizing and scaling technology to lower the costs and reduce the risks of implementing and managing our integrated solutions. Each of our solutions starts with reliable and reputable e-commerce and MDM platforms, which run on enterprise grade infrastructure that are customized to meet a variety of client needs, situations, and budgets. Over the next 10 years we will add new categories and capabilities that will define frictionless commerce ecosystems.
This is a journey of technology acceleration combined with consumer readiness and adoption. We are looking for people capable of adapting relentlessly to the rapidly evolving world around us.
The Senior Applications Support Analyst, under the supervision of the Production Support Manager will work closely with the front line (Global Customer Services) team, other solution analysts and development teams to ensure high quality production system support and customer satisfaction. You will also work with technology vendor support teams in support of Pivotree’s diverse set of customers. The Senior Application Support Analyst will have a focus on the customer’s business operations when consulting with customers on daily operations or managing their production issues. As a Senior Applications Analyst, you’re expected to be a trusted advisor to the customer on business operations. As a Senior Support Analyst, you are expected to manage issue escalations; drive problem resolution; support root cause analysis; provide tactical and strategic solutions; and will serve as a primary support liaison between Pivotree and the customer in daily business operations. Work will be done as part of day to day resolution of technical support tickets and occasional on-call pager shifts.
The successful candidate must be highly motivated to work in a fast paced environment, handling customer issues in real time. They must have experience in understanding customer business needs and requirements, translating that into action/enhancements to the current systems the customer is using. Business acumen, issue management and initiative are key drivers to ensuring customer satisfaction for this role. You must be technically oriented, with programming experience and the ability to manage applications running in Linux environments.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Providing customer technical and application support for core business applications;
- Working with a high volume of customer requests and tickets that require multitasking and escalation to the appropriate staff member;
- Administer Application Tier, Middle Tier and web based applications to achieve availability defined in the SLA, escalating incidents when appropriate;
- Exercising a good understanding of business processes and application usage to meet operational goals;
- Participating in release management activities and transition to operational support;
- Maintaining consistent communication with business stakeholders through the incident and problem resolution processes;
- Understand Key Performance Indicators, Service Level Agreement Metrics and report outcomes to management;
- Diffuse client problems through effective listening skills, positive action, information gathering and/or ticket escalation;
- Be a trusted advisor to customers on their business needs and their business operations being able to bridge those with current or future solutions ;
- Providing 24x7 (on call) support on a rotational basis
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree computer science or a related field of study
- 7+ years' experience in business application support, working in Linux environments, analyzing functional specifications, designing, documenting and developing technical specifications
- Knowledge of e-Commerce solutions and business operations in varying platforms such as Oracle Commerce, SAP Commerce, Shopify, VTEX etc.
- Excellent and proven experience in IT operations
- Strong proven experience in formal incident and problem management
- Ability to work with Application Development, Business Analysts, Quality Assurance and associated Technology/Operations Teams to understand all application layer functions and related downstream
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, including a patient courteous manner and a clear voice.
- Ability to work independently as a self-starter, and within a team environment.
- Can-do attitude, strong time-management skills and ability to work quickly under pressure.
- A demonstrated ability to quickly change focus in reaction to high-priority issues.
- Ownership of work tasks through resolution
- Knowledge of scripting languages and technologies, e.g. Bash. QA scripting framework like Selenium is an asset, so is scripting in languages like Perl, Python, Bash..
- Experience with programming ( XML, HTML, Java, JSP, JS and CSS)
- Load testing exposure (designing, performing, evaluating load tests)
- Database knowledge ( Oracle and/or MS SQL)
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure (DMZ, WAN/LAN, ODBC, etc)
- Experience with JVM monitoring and performance tuning such as New Relic APM.
- Experience with security tools, specifically in web application security, OWASP, etc.
- Experience remediating or managing risk in projects
- Experience with operations capability projects
- ITIL Foundation and knowledge of IT Service Strategy, Design, Operations and Improvement
- Experience in COTS custom development, and supporting physical and logical databases, analyzing functional specifications, designing, documenting and developing technical specifications
- Production-level experience in designing, programming, testing, debugging and optimizing data manipulation procedures
Pivotree is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible workplace.