General Manager Supply Chain Solutions
Role: General Manager Supply Chain Solutions
Reporting to: Executive Team
Our goal at Pivotree is to help accelerate the future of frictionless commerce. We will help lead this change over the next decade because we believe a future where technology is embedded intimately into all aspects of our everyday lives can benefit everyone and will shape the interactions with the brands we love. We will help shape the future of frictionless commerce by working together with some of the best brands in the world and some of the best people in the industry to leverage converging technologies that will make it possible to accelerate frictionless commerce faster than ever.
Pivotree provides services focused on the design, implementation, management, and maintenance of complex ecommerce solutions for large enterprises. We provide the technical skills necessary to enable the effective use of technologies combined with the business context to leverage a solution to solve our clients' business challenges. We strive to fill the gaps in available technology with our own IP to reduce the barriers to adoption.
We enable inclusive, immersive and highly personalized experiences for our clients and their customers. We build our products with a view to productizing and scaling technology to lower the costs and reduce the risks of implementing and managing our integrated solutions. Each of our solutions starts with reliable and reputable e-commerce and MDM platforms, which run on enterprise grade infrastructure that are customized to meet a variety of client needs, situations, and budgets. Over the next 10 years we will add new categories and capabilities that will define frictionless commerce ecosystems.
This is a journey of technology acceleration combined with consumer readiness and adoption. We are looking for people capable of adapting relentlessly to the rapidly evolving world around us.
The General Manager, Supply Chain Services will be responsible for building out the supply chain portfolio of services and solutions for Pivotree to take to market. The primary objective of the role is to drive profitable and aggressive growth of the supply chain portfolio, and assumes responsibility for products, financial, operational metrics, as well as strategic, growth-oriented goals. This position will contribute to the organization by defining supply chain solutions provided through our own teams and third-party vendors for consumption by Pivotree clients.
We are looking for an experienced leader that can build our supply chain category to 50 million in revenue over the next 5 years through organic means and acquisitions. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned supply chain professional with strong business acumen and experience with the major supply chain platforms such as IBM Sterling, Manhattan and Fluent. Not only should this person have a passion for supply chain technology, they should know what market challenges customers are facing today and how technology and services can support them. A successful General Manager will be comfortable working alongside data scientists, Subject Matter Experts, developers, sales teams, consultants, and DevOps. We also expect a supply chain GM to have a strong network within the supply chain industry.
Success in this role means building out the supply chain category to be 50 million in revenue within 5 years while contributing to our vision of accelerating frictionless commerce. In the first year, it is expected that the GM will define a strategy for supply chain growth. A significant portion of the GMs time will be allocated towards acquisition and accelerated growth initiatives.
Strategy Leadership: The GM SCS will drive strategic decisions, prioritize initiatives to effectively allocate capital and resources, and ultimately ensure strong connections between strategic initiatives, operational plans and ultimately desired outcomes. The GM will influence key functional leaders to support key initiatives and deliver against category objectives. The GM will leverage appropriate company frameworks and processes for efficient planning and prioritization that can be used consistently across the business to influence functional leaders in supporting key initiatives and delivery against category objectives.
Collaboration: The role of the GM is also a highly collaborative one and works with functional leadership, executives, Corporate Development, senior business development management, and stakeholders across the business to ensure that the category’s strategy and tactics are aligned with broader company objectives to advance the overall business strategy.
Capital Allocation: The GM is responsible for effective allocation of capital and resources to deliver consistent returns over time.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Identify opportunities for new supply chain services and solutions and work closely with internal business partners to forecast future needs and develop cost effective strategies aligned with business objectives.
- Establish aggressive growth strategies leveraging both organic growth and acquisitions.
- Launch the vision, strategy and road map for Pivotree supply chain offerings and work with key stakeholders in the company to deliver on that vision, e.g. marketing, sales, operations, professional services, product team, etc.
- Establish clear and measurable goals, metrics, and Service Level Agreements and hold vendors accountable for the delivery of supply chain services to Pivotree clients.
- Take primary responsibility for the P&L of the Pivotree supply chain portfolio by hitting revenue, margin, customer acquisition, and other business targets.
- Define requirements based on an intimate knowledge of specific market segments, target customers, and product category.
- Lead and execute the strategy for supply chain services that appeal to unique needs and requirements of our customers, with an emphasis on the delivered customer experience.
- Manage the product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution including business case creation, offering definition, materials development, pricing, delivery readiness, sales training and the overall performance of the offering in the market.
- Develop and maintain market definition, sizing, and direction.
- Conduct primary and secondary research regarding your service areas with prospects and customers.
- Responsible for the go-to-market plan and enablement, working to ensure that sales, delivery, and other teams have what they need to be successful.
- Support sales by enabling business development and sales teams, supporting calls with key clients, and helping to identify opportunities to increase that success.
- Establish goals and review metrics to identify opportunities and deliver success.
- Research and identify new opportunities for Pivotree to innovate on behalf of our customers.
- Support other related business activities as required.
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Deep progressive experience in supply chain with specific emphasis on order management, warehouse management and transportation management.
- Experience packaging complex solutions and services and driving market success.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to influence others and convey complex technical solutions to stakeholders with differing levels of technical expertise.
- Proven ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams to achieve aggressive business objectives.
- Experience partnering with technology vendors and sales enablement. Knowledge of Sterling OMS, Manhattan OMS and Fluent OMS is desirable.
- Proven ability to synthesize complex issues and opinions into simple stories.
- Strong attention to detail, and proactive self-starter habits.
- The ability to analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, and scope business requirements.
- The ability to deliver initiatives from conception through completion in an iterative way.
- The ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritize workloads.
- The ability to develop new ideas and creative solutions.
- Experience with cloud solutions development
- Experience managing Business Requirements, Project Plans, Project Schedules and associated project materials.
- Solid communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical solutions to stakeholders with differing levels of technical expertise.
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced, customer driven environment.
- Strong financial acumen with experience budgeting, cost estimating and revenue forecasting.
- Alternatively - M&A or transactional experience in the supply chain industry - could be a former investment banker or consultant focused on helping to drive M&A strategy in the supply chain industry.
- Minimum 5 years in senior leadership role or M&A/strategy role
- P&L ownership in past with track record of growth
- Minimum post-secondary diploma in logistics, degree in business or engineering
- Minimum 10 years work experience with increasing responsibility
- Ideally multiple industry or distinct roles (broad experience vs. narrow)
Pivotree is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible workplace.