Senior Database Administrator
Role: Senior Database Administrator
Reporting to: Database Administration Manager
Our goal at Pivotree is to help accelerate the future of frictionless commerce. We will help lead this change over the next decade because we believe a future where technology is embedded intimately into all aspects of our everyday lives can benefit everyone and will shape the interactions with the brands we love. We will help shape the future of frictionless commerce by working together with some of the best brands in the world and some of the best people in the industry to leverage converging technologies that will make it possible to accelerate frictionless commerce faster than ever.
Pivotree provides services focused on the design, implementation, management, and maintenance of complex ecommerce solutions for large enterprises. We provide the technical skills necessary to enable the effective use of technologies combined with the business context to leverage a solution to solve our clients' business challenges. We strive to fill the gaps in available technology with our own IP to reduce the barriers to adoption.
We enable inclusive, immersive and highly personalized experiences for our clients and their customers. We build our products with a view to productizing and scaling technology to lower the costs and reduce the risks of implementing and managing our integrated solutions. Each of our solutions starts with reliable and reputable e-commerce and MDM platforms, which run on enterprise grade infrastructure that are customized to meet a variety of client needs, situations, and budgets. Over the next 10 years we will add new categories and capabilities that will define frictionless commerce ecosystems.
This is a journey of technology acceleration combined with consumer readiness and adoption. We are looking for people capable of adapting relentlessly to the rapidly evolving world around us.
Pivotree’s IT team is searching for an accomplished Senior Database Administrator (DBA) who is highly motivated, collaborative with an entrepreneurial spirit. You will be a key member of our database team, providing input on technical decisions that will shape the company's future and importantly, the service satisfaction of our customers. You will administer various aspects of our database administration services involving on-premise and new cloud platforms. You will join a skilled and motivated operational organization helping to build the future mode of data services for Pivotree. Remote work-from-home is available.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintain, monitor and support various databases across all environments
- Advanced in-depth knowledge of Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL databases
- Perform database backup/recovery procedures and disaster recovery planning
- Provide typical DBA functional capabilities such as data import/export or similar data migration routines
- Lead the installation, upgrading and patching of Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) systems.
- Capacity planning for all database environments through monitoring, tuning and optimization
- Interact with application and system architects and subject matter experts to design the corresponding physical database structure with best practices to ensure standard control procedures are followed.
- Participate in overall delivery & support process across multiple initiatives to ensure sustainable DBA practice which includes automation, process documentation, production support, optimization & monitoring
- Provide input of developing database standards and procedures.
- Establish research for evaluating alternate database products.
- Assist in the implementation/upgrades/enhancements, and testing of technology solutions.
- Work with development teams in troubleshooting and stabilizing database production issues
- Ensure consistent database back-up/recovery; perform root-cause analysis and resolution;
- Maintain data integrity and environmental security to improve information privacy, data protection, and compliance with regulations, audits, and business requirements
- Develop and evolve standard documentation or runbooks for system configuration support.
- Rotational on-call 24/7 support for database including after-hours and weekends
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum seven (7) years solid database administration experience with substantial RDBMS implementations supporting Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL
- 7+ years solid experience with UNIX, LINUX, Windows Operating systems on physical servers and virtual environments
- In-depth knowledge of typical database installation, setup, configuration and maintenance
- Familiarity with Oracle RAC, Dataguard, and/or Goldengate
- Demonstrated focus on proactive database performance issues that includes indexing, security controls, patching cycles, capacity planning, backup strategy and various system configuration improvements
- Advanced tuning experience using such tools as Automatic Workload Repository (AWR) , Statspack, Quest Spotlight/Toad, or others
- Demonstrated experience of resiliency practices in multi-cluster or high-availability environments in large database installations
- Excellent communication skills, critical thinking, problem solving and sound judgment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment; multitask and prioritize·
- Must be a team player with strong attention to detail and able to work independently
- Working knowledge of Scrum/Lean and Agile, Scrum practices is desired
- DBA certifications in Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL or AWS RDS is an asset
- University/College Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or IT is an asset
- A professionally adaptable attitude
- A positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approaches to solving problems
- An interest in working hard/being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and having fun while doing it
Pivotree is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible workplace.