Senior Financial Analyst
Senior Financial Analyst
Financial Planning & Analysis
Pivotree architects, builds, hosts and manages a wide range of commerce experiences for well-known domestic and global brands. Customers turn to Pivotree as their trusted partner when they want to grow revenue, increase online and in-store traffic, improve customer experience, grow a loyal customer base, achieve operational efficiencies, and higher profits.
Pivotree is a privately-held and venture backed company with an aggressive growth objective including strategic acquisitions. 2018 was a transformational year for Pivotree with the combination of three existing businesses in this sector: Tenzing, ThinkWrap and Spark:Red. Our combined team is made up of a diverse blend of engineers, solution architects, programmers, UI developers, project managers and analysts who work together to create and manage next-generation commerce excellence. We hold ourselves to the very highest standards and our employees take great pride in our accomplishments.
We are currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Financial Analyst to support strategic business decisions through financial models, forecasts, business and financial analysis, industry research, and special projects.
The ideal candidate will be a trained accounting/business professional with excellent communication skills, looking to advance his/her career in a high-growth, entrepreneurial company where change happens on a daily basis. He/she is hands-on and detailed-oriented but always seeks to understand the “bigger picture” and the strategic value of his/her work.
This position will be based out of downtown Toronto and will report to the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze spending patterns by vendor and, working with cross-functional teams, identify opportunities for cost savings
- Analyze profitability by product/service/customer across the lines of business;
- Create financial models and templates for pricing and profitability analysis for existing and new products/services
- Assist with budgeting, forecasting and business planning across multiple business units and multiple geographies;
- Assist with board, key ratios and business KPI reporting and preparation
- Assist with diligence process for potential acquisitions;
- Assist with fundraising material preparation;
- Educate owners of operating business units with financial data and analytics to support their decision-making;
- Identify and recommend process improvements within the finance department and across all operating units;
- Recommend and assist with implementing company financial tools; and
- Adhoc analysis and projects as requested
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
This position requires someone with the following skills and background:
- MBA, CPA or CFA designation
- At least 5 years of experience in a financial role including experience as an analyst, as well as budgeting and forecasting
- Expert in MS excel
- Experience with M&A activities in a growing, fast-paced organization is preferred
This positon requires someone with the following competencies:
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and systems
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to dig into an issue or problem with minimal supervision
- Outstanding communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Highly responsible with a strong sense of ownership and commitment to deadlines
- Detail-oriented with high work quality and ethics
- Flexible team player – highly adaptable and comfortable with change
- Curiosity – this person should not be content with status quo – this position requires someone who is comfortable in recommending improvements to any and all processes company-wide.