Cloud Operations Engineer
Pivotree Job Profile: Cloud Operations Engineer.
Pivotree architects, builds, hosts and manages a wide range of commerce experiences for well-known domestic and global brands. Customers turn to Pivotree as their trusted partner when they want to grow revenue, increase online and in-store traffic, improve customer experience, grow a loyal customer base, achieve operational efficiencies, and higher profits.
Pivotree is a privately-held and venture backed company with an aggressive growth objective including strategic acquisitions. 2018 was a transformational year for Pivotree with the combination of three existing businesses in this sector: Tenzing, ThinkWrap and Spark:Red. Our combined team is made up of a diverse blend of engineers, solution architects, programmers, UI developers, project managers and analysts who work together to create and manage next-generation commerce excellence. We hold ourselves to the very highest standards and our employees take great pride in our accomplishments.
Pivotree’s Service Delivery team is searching for a Cloud Operations Engineer who is highly motivated, collaborative with an entrepreneurial spirit. You will be a key member of our technology operations, making important technical decisions that will shape the company's future. You will oversee all aspects of our on-prem and cloud-based infrastructure. You will join a skilled and motivated operational organization building the future mode of operations for Pivotree.
- Contribute to the development of DevOps principles to facilitate the management of public cloud and code deployments for Pivotree and Customers
- Responsible for maintaining 24/7 support across services
- Ability to work/collaborate with offshore vendors and consultants.
- Work with the Security & Compliance group to establish security standards and maintain PCI status.
- Work with the Project Management team to track projects and Support tickets.
- Re-engineering processes to optimize environment
- Ensure any automated process is easy to understand and is scalable
- Communicating and collaborating with our multi-disciplinary team
- Able to occasionally work out of hours and be part of an on-call rotation
- Prior experience in scripting and creating configuration templates using cloud provider tools
- Experience in building infrastructure centric applications using contemporary languages (e.g., Python)
- General knowledge of the following: IT concepts, strategies and methodologies, IT architectures and technical standards
- General knowledge of layered systems architectures
- General understanding of shared software concepts
- General knowledge of cloud-centric architectures and technical standards
- General knowledge of agile software development concepts and processes
- Consultative skills, including the ability to understand and assist in applying high level requirements to detailed configurations / templates
- Ability to consider potential implications and trade-offs of design requirements
- Familiarity in developing stable and scalable public cloud environments
- Experience in using AWS or Azure, with appropriate certification strongly preferred
Other traits we look for :
- A professionally adaptable attitude
- A positive, people-oriented and energetic attitude
- An analytical, creative, and innovative approaches to solving problems
- An interest in working hard/being challenged in a fast-paced environment, and have fun while doing it