Sr. Business Analyst
Pivotree architects, builds, hosts and manages a wide range of commerce experiences for well-known domestic and global brands. Customers turn to Pivotree as their trusted partner when they want to grow revenue, increase online and in-store traffic, improve customer experience, grow a loyal customer base, achieve operational efficiencies, and higher profits.
Pivotree is a privately-held and venture backed company with an aggressive growth objective including strategic acquisitions. 2018 was a transformational year for Pivotree with the combination of three existing businesses in this sector: Tenzing, ThinkWrap and Spark:Red. Our combined team is made up of a diverse blend of engineers, solution architects, programmers, UI developers, project managers and analysts who work together to create and manage next-generation commerce excellence. We hold ourselves to the very highest standards and our employees take great pride in our accomplishments.
We’re on the hunt for an experienced Business Analyst (BA) within our enterprise Project Management Office (ePMO) team. In this role, you’ll be responsible for gathering, documenting, and analyzing business and system needs and requirements as well as providing consulting services to clients on how to achieve their needs (business improvements, technology alignment). The BA is relied upon to provide clients with options to best integrate the commerce software into their business reality.
BA Core Responsibilities:
- Elicits and documents requirements using a variety of methods, such as interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process mapping, use cases, and prototyping.
- Proactively communicates and collaborates with project stakeholders, including external customers (i.e., clients, partners, vendors) and internal customers (i.e. Development, Technical Support, Training, Business Development, Marketing, other business units) to analyze needs and functional requirements.
- Coordinates and communicates with project teammates and management to ensure alignment of projects and timelines.
- Creates, delivers, and maintains the following: Use cases, user stories, process workflows, screen and interface designs, mockups, functional / business requirements documentation, project plans, training documentation
- Ensures changes and features are properly submitted / updated / assigned / escalated in the current Development ticketing system.
- Insures deliverables and feedback needed by Development & QA teams are provided in a timely manner to ensure overall delivery of projects on-time and within budget.
- Collaborates with the Technical Support, Training Teams and other departments/teams (Development, Sales, Business Development, Marketing, other business units, etc.) on the rollout of product updates to clients.
- Conducts pre-deployment BA Testing, User Acceptance Testing, and training support
- Assists Technical Support and Training Teams with training resources, setup, training, and support for new & upgraded products.
- Identifies areas for improvement and makes appropriate recommendations to clients, functional leaders across Pivotree pertaining to best practices, processes, templates, workflows and methodologies.
- Performs demos, custom development analysis, etc.
- Creates meeting minutes, ensures tasks are assigned, and follows up on status
- Actively updates the project WIKI with requirements, decision tracking, change requests, designs and approvals.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- University degree in a related field or equivalent
- 6+ years business / requirements analyst experience with exposure to varied projects and environments
- 2+ years technical project management/coordination experience
- Experience working on agile and waterfall type methodologies
- Experience in designing web-based software
- Proficiency with the following: Email client software, Word, Excel, Microsoft Visio (or similar modeling tool), Microsoft Project (or similar), and SQ, Confluence, JIRA tools
- Drive, passion, and initiative, with ability to adapt quickly to rapidly-evolving products, technology, and situations are a must.
- Strong analytical, problem resolution, technical, application / system troubleshooting skills with the ability to think clearly and resolve issues efficiently under pressure.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication, listening, observational, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with high attention to detail in a demanding, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and collaborate effectively with other team members as-needed.
- Flexibility in scheduling and the ability to travel occasionally within Canada and the US are requirements for this role. Authorized to work in Canada
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE:
- 3-4 years Experience with eCommerce and related software deployments
- Experience with SAP ERP or Oracle commerce platforms
- Hybris certification
- BA professional certification
Job Type: Full-time
- Business analysis: 6 years (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)