Project Manager - Intermediate
Role: Project Manager - Intermediate
Reporting to: Vice President, ePMO
Our goal at Pivotree is to help accelerate the future of frictionless commerce. We will help lead this change over the next decade because we believe a future where technology is embedded intimately into all aspects of our everyday lives can benefit everyone and will shape the interactions with the brands we love. We will help shape the future of frictionless commerce by working together with some of the best brands in the world and some of the best people in the industry to leverage converging technologies that will make it possible to accelerate frictionless commerce faster than ever.
Pivotree provides services focused on the design, implementation, management, and maintenance of complex ecommerce solutions for large enterprises. We provide the technical skills necessary to enable the effective use of technologies combined with the business context to leverage a solution to solve our clients' business challenges. We strive to fill the gaps in available technology with our own IP to reduce the barriers to adoption.
We enable inclusive, immersive and highly personalized experiences for our clients and their customers. We build our products with a view to productizing and scaling technology to lower the costs and reduce the risks of implementing and managing our integrated solutions. Each of our solutions starts with reliable and reputable e-commerce and MDM platforms, which run on enterprise grade infrastructure that are customized to meet a variety of client needs, situations, and budgets. Over the next 10 years we will add new categories and capabilities that will define frictionless commerce ecosystems.
This is a journey of technology acceleration combined with consumer readiness and adoption. We are looking for people capable of adapting relentlessly to the rapidly evolving world around us.
We are looking for an exceptional Intermediate Project Manager to fill in one of the key roles in our newly emerging and evolving Enterprise Project Management Office (ePMO) and Centre of Excellence (COE). Our ePMO & COE is going through a transformation to become a modern, new age leader in our industry and become a PMO where innovation meets efficiency. We are looking for experience but more so a special type of personality to fill in this very exciting but critical role. If you are someone who can delve into minutest details and jump right back into a big picture view; If you are someone who can channel the noise from multiple musical instruments into a beautifully orchestrated symphony and if you are someone someone who can inspire and lead a cross functional team and create an environment where the team can work and play as one cohesive team to deliver complex technology projects, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
The Intermediate Project Manager will be reporting directly to VP, ePMO & COE. In this role, you will be leading and organizing multiple cross functional projects and activities. Success for this role requires more than executing Project Management best practice, you’ll be working with complex activities and aggressive timelines, so this position requires someone who is highly organized, inquisitive, and self motivated.
Projects will range from highly technical system migrations, to process improvement, to organizational change; the common theme for all is delivering excellence for our customers.
You will also partner with the stakeholders and project teams to educate them on the new framework, promote adoption and enable them to execute on their priorities. You will be responsible for resource forecasting, planning and allocation, portfolio management, reporting, and other project management activities
You will need a deep understanding of project management principles; complete comprehension of time, cost and quality metrics in the PMO world, an acute financial acumen and understanding of ROI, ability to tell meaningful and succinct stories with data and numbers through reports and presentations and last but certainly not the least ; a positive and delightful demeanour to further enrich our culture of “playing hard and working hard”.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead cross-functional, multi-site project teams composed of employees, contractors and external vendors in support of several concurrent projects and initiatives
- Set up and maintain project plans for several projects and report status against project gates (financial, resources, deliverables, etc.) throughout the life of projects.
- Measure, manage and report on project health according to the defined reporting standards, KPIs, governance structure and rules of engagement
- Maintain plans and status against project gates (financial, resources, deliverables, etc.) throughout the life of projects
- Work directly with leaders to document planned change, analyze dependencies between departments, and consolidate into a single change management plan
- Ensure change communication is effective, timely, and repetitive
- Responsible for capacity and resource forecasting and planning based on the data on current projects resource utilization and projects in the pipeline.
- Committed to ensuring a high level of stakeholder satisfaction through prompt and efficient communication and proactive support.
- Creates and promotes a positive work environment where people are on-side, feel a collective sense of accountability, and are recognized for success
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field.
- 3-5+ years of Project Management or Professional Services experience in a global organization
- 3+ years experience working on application development /Software/ Hardware/ Infrastructure and complex integration projects.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project/program management methodologies and tools, including Agile and Waterfall.
- Experience with project management and progress tracking tools (MS Project, Smart Sheets, JIRA/Wiki/Confluence). Experience with other Atlassian family of tools is an asset
- Understanding of financial principles including project control measures (Earned Value, Cost Performance indicators)
- Ability to manage and forecast project budgets, to report on project financials, and to ensure timely and accurate invoicing
- Ability to review/validate estimates for both schedules and budgets.
- Skilled in G Suite (e.g. Sheets, Slides, Docs) and willing to learn additional information systems and or software
- PMP certification an asset, SAFE/Agile experience preferred
Pivotree is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible workplace.