Senior Solutions Architect - KMT
RealNetworks’ Kontxt, Messaging, and Telco business seeks a Solution Architect to play a critical role in the growth and adoption of our Telco products, including KONTXT™ Voice Protect, our world-class AI platform, built to protect consumers from robocalls, fraud and spam calls. We're looking for an experienced Network Engineer/Architect eager to play an integral role in our Kontxt service team that delivers our cutting edge products to our partners and their customers. In this role, you’ll work with a world-class team located in New York, Seattle, and Northern Virginia on project planning, creation of design documents, maintenance system installations, internal and external acceptance testing, tier 4 supporting, and supplier interaction.
What we’re like: A lean team of smart, strategic-minded self-starters who are driven to create and deliver meaningful solutions to complex problems. We are collaborators who check in with each other often and value, respect, and rely on the deep collective experience and expertise of our team. We also expect team mates to be proactive—self-directing their work, innately understanding how to prioritize the to-do’s, and reaching out if they need support from other team members. We value flexibility and a positive get-things-done attitude.
What you’re like: You love what you do and it shows in your deep cross-section of telecom, networking, and system administration expertise that comes from working extensively with internal application developers, engineers and support teams. You know your way around a customer engineering lab and what makes operations teams tick. You can communicate as effectively with your engineering peers as you can with the customer and are really good at breaking down a problem and describing the solution no matter the technical aptitude of your audience. You are comfortable leading simultaneous projects and tasks with multiple carrier customers. You are known for your creative and innovative approach, and you thrive in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment.
In this role you’ll be responsible for:
- Technical leadership for ongoing customer projects by interfacing with customer engineering and operations teams, as well as internal support, operations, and development teams;
- Pre-sale and post-sale support to present our complex product to an experienced, sophisticated engineering audience as well as technology novices and to identify the best integration scenarios within our customers’ networks;
- Successfully managing complex projects from concept through production release and beyond, coordinating and prioritizing with other RealNetworks organizations;
- Performing or leading troubleshooting and issue resolution for production services; and
- Occasionally traveling to client locations and to meet with external and internal partners.
To be successful in this role requires:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in an engineering/computer science related field (even better if you’ve earned an advanced technical degree);
- 7+ years of experience as a network engineer or architect or in a related occupation with at least 3 years working (preferably for a telco vendor) on mobile carrier service offerings focused on service deployment, operation, and maintenance;
- Strong knowledge on IMS and IP network engineering;
- Experience developing voice services in IMS-based networks;
- Deep knowledge of mobile core networks including network entities (TAS/HSS/SBC) and signaling (SS7/CAP/MAP);
- Demonstrated experience in 4g network integration and operations;
- Experience providing Voice path services, RTP plane, SDP negotiation; and
- Experience in SIP/TCP/IP network administration including load balancers, switches, routers, and associated protocols (routing, DMSR, DNS, etc.) including SNMP protocol utilization.
- Unix/Linux platform and internal technology preferred
- AWS or similar cloud services; and
- Network test tools, including packet generations and protocol analyzers.
Work Location/Environment: Ideally, our Solutions Architect will be located close to one of our existing team centers in Seattle, New York, or Northern Virginia to allow for easy in-person work, when needed. However, because our team members primarily perform their work from home and RealNetworks is committed to employing the best people for the work, we can consider candidates in other locations in the US where RealNetworks already employs others.
Salary range for this full-time role in Seattle or New York areas is $125,000-$175,000/yr, depending on experience. Other locations may vary according to market and compensation includes variable commission and eligibility to participate in our US Benefits Program (Details here)
RealNetworks is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran or disability status.