- PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Works with the Product Manager to write user stories, elaborate requirements, assist in the development of acceptance tests, and be available to the development teams to clarify ambiguity around product requirements. Raises resource concerns to development management and product management. Facilitates all Agile Ceremonies including but not limited to Stand Ups, Sprint. Planning, Retrospectives, Backlog Grooming, Sprint Reviews/Demos. Removes or helps resolve impediments for the development team. Participates in the Approved Intake Review process and gathers requests for the sprint backlog. Facilitates the prioritization of the sprint and sprint backlog. Enforcing priorities from leadership and product management to the development team. Communicates development teams LOE to Product & Project Management. Ensures development team remains on sprint schedule and sprint goals are met. Ensures development team creates and maintains technical documentation. Responsible for team metrics including but not limited to: velocity, cycle time and sprint reports, sprint health, release health, application statistics, etc. Meets with end-users and product management to understand business processes in stakeholder meetings. Defines system, functional and non-functional requirements for the product as user stories and acceptance criteria. Collaborates with various teams to identify integration points, potential impact and application dependencies. Facilitates UAT Sessions to gather feedback and future feature requests on behalf of the development team.
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITY: Advanced knowledge of the IT industry and the product domain. Advanced understanding of business as it relates to the hosting industry. Advanced knowledge of product development life cycle (relevant experience in 1 or more phases). Strong ability to work with diverse team and incorporate needs and feedback from multiple sources. Technical product expert. Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures. Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle. Proven ability to work independently with limited supervision and with other department personnel. Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills. Must be self-motivated, as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems. Must be collaborative in driving decisions. Ability to deal with multiple projects and deadlines. Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail. Basic knowledge of product management and marketing.
- JOB COMPLEXITY: Strategic medium-level contributor to overall product strategy, roadmap, and releases. Responsible for creating user stories based on complex high level epics or stories, set acceptance criteria and tests, setting business value in sprint planning, setting backlog priorities, defining market needs, architecture, and complex ROI/Profitability. Responsible to work with operations and launch completed products. Meets with end uses to understand business processes. Gathers and documents functional, system, and data requirements. Creates detailed technical specifications and data models for development of new or modifications to existing products. Ensures projects remain on schedule and all target requirements are met. Uses development specifications to create detailed test cases and analyzes results. May perform quality assurance testing. Analyzes results of product testing to ensure product solution matches the documented business need. Supervises and trains other technical product managers.
- SUPERVISION: Little instruction on daily work, general instruction on new assignments.
- EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: Bachelor's degree in related field plus 9-12 of agile software development or project management required. BS in Technology or Business. Relevant experience in 1 or more phases of product development life cycles.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: General office environment. May require long periods sitting and viewing a computer monitor. Moderate levels of stress may occur at times. No special physical demands required
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world’s best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren’t all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker — a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission – is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.