Rackspace is seeking a Manager of Fanatical Support (Operations)
in our Government Services department
in our Reston, VA office
location. This is a people leadership role and is also client facing supporting our large enterprise government customers.
- Provides strategic leadership and management of Network Operations Engineers and Linux Systems Administrators supporting our Federal/Government Clients 24/7.
- Manages all facets of customer retention (CRM) including participating in the resolution of customer concerns and defining and developing a customer contact strategy.
- Analyzes operational processes, escalation procedures and performs training needs assessments for identifying opportunities for service delivery improvements and value add to government customer/clients.
- Develops customer service department procedures.
- Liaises between customers and manufacturing, sales, order processing and accounting to resolve status, production, delivery and billing inquiries.
- Reviews SLA claims. Develops and manages service with speed and accuracy and all client/customer service delivery issues are resolved.
- Manages market research to determine special pricing for non standard items in the interests of ensuring appropriate profit margins are reached and maintained.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Must have ITIL knowledge and experience in a Network Operations Center.
- Strong knowledge of technical team management, operations and strategic planning.
- Invaluable knowledge of all facets of customer retention (CRM).
- Expert knowledge in finding a resolution to a customer’s concerns and defining and developing a customer contact strategy.
- Expert knowledge in analyzing operational processes, escalation procedures and performing training needs assessments for identifying opportunities for service delivery improvements.
- Expert knowledge in developing customer service department procedures.
- Specialist product knowledge in support of Rackspace standards.
- Ability to communicate technical info and ideas so others will understand.
- Exceptional people skills; the ability to engage and motivate staff.
- Deep understanding of the rules and regulations surrounding government technologies.
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people.
- Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate expectations. Workflow management and prioritization.
- Responsible for minimizing downtime via proactive technical intervention.
- Ensure all business processes are followed.
- Rapid and effective fault fix activity, proactive recommendations of systems architecture review and improvements.
- Manages the development of a team of account managers and technicians.
- Participates with other senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures operations’ effective achievement of objectives.
- Erroneous decisions will have a serious impact on the overall success of functional, division or company operations.
- Regularly interacts with executives and/or major customers.
- Interactions frequently involve special skills, such as negotiating with customers or management or attempting to influence senior level leaders regarding matters of significance to the organization.
- Provides direct supervision to exempt employees and/or skilled, nonexempt employees (i.e., technicians, designers, support personnel).
- Acts as advisor to unit or sub-units and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems.
- Provides mentoring and training to technical and account management team.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 4 years of Operational Management experience within a mission critical environment, committed to providing FANATICAL customer service.
- A strong background in account management or demonstrative hosting-specific technical skills.
- Drive to succeed. ITIL Certification preferred.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to pass a Public Trust background check.
- May require further DOD security clearance.
We accelerate the value of the cloud during every phase of digital transformation. By managing apps, data, security and multiple clouds, we are the best choice to help customers get to the cloud, innovate with new technologies and maximize their IT investments. We have been honored by Fortune, Forbes, Glassdoor and others as one of the best places to work. Join us on our mission to build the world’s best technology services company.
More on Rackspace
Rackers aren’t all alike. We look different. We think uniquely. We are from many places and our beliefs & backgrounds vary. But, being a Racker — a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission – is what connects us all. Rackers are encouraged to bring their whole self to work every day, as we know that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers & communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.