We are seeking an AEM Engineer - REMOTE to join our team full time at Rackspace. This is a fully remote team.
- Responsible for partnering with our customers to implement, deploy, and troubleshoot Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) solutions for high traffic web sites.
- Review and recommend solutions based on customer specifications.
- Analyze, evaluate, test, debug, document, and implement complex AEM solutions.
- Participate in the evaluation, recommendation, and selection of hardware and software solutions.
- Perform project management of estimating, scheduling, and monitoring tasks.
- Perform engineering tasks associated with the analysis, design, and deployment of computer hardware, and/or operating systems.
- Interface with different departments within the organization regarding new deployments.
- Monitor applications for expected results and work with customer to optimize performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS, or a related technical field preferred.
- At least 5 years of Systems administration experience, including 3 – 5 years of combined engineering experience in e-commerce solutions support, network design, operational support, and hands-on implementation and configuration of network infrastructure including, experience with Java/J2EE, AEM, and Jenkins/Hudson.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required.
- Advanced working knowledge of the AEM product stack.
- Strong understanding of AEM components including CRX 2, CRX 3 (Oak), Apache Sling, OSGi, TarPM, TarMK and MongoMK.
- Strong understanding of related software, including Apache webserver, MongoDB, SOLR, and continuous integration tools like Jenkins/Hudson.
- Strong understanding of Linux based distributions (RHEL and CentOS a plus)
- Advanced knowledge of system architecture, system sizing and/or J2EE.
- Knowledge of web development technologies such as JSP, HTML, JS, CSS and AJAX.
- Ability to work with development teams on the deployment and support of web-based applications.
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to interact with customers through technical presentations.
- Solid skills in documenting requirements and specifications of customer solutions.
- Proven ability to deploy and maintain large scale customer facing internet applications.