Senior Python Developer
As a Software Engineer on the Cloud team, you’ll have the opportunity to build world-class web applications and platform services that provide messaging and collaboration tools for customers worldwide. This role will be part of a team that has a strong, passionate engineering culture and proven track record of writing high quality software by using the best engineering practices in the industry. You will have the opportunity to work on highly distributed, extreme capacity systems that use a variety services and processes.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Design and develop software for large-scale enterprise services.
- Translate functional requirements into conceptual and detailed designs; provide estimates for development effort.
- Create unit and acceptance tests; perform QA/Test; automate deployment; and assist Operations and Support staff in troubleshooting software issues, as well as, implementing bug fixes.
- Adhere to coding and process best practices.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in software development using Python.
- Linux systems experience, including systems administration or engineering experience.
- Strong development and engineering principles, including: code coverage, test-first programming.
- Code readability, documentation, understanding of revision control systems (git)
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, Lean, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience with one or more relational (e.g. MySQL, MSSQL).
- Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous deployment concepts
Desired Skills and Experience:
Bachelor's degreein Computer Science or a related technical field preferred
- RHCE preferred
Linux programming experiencebeyond scripting using a language such as C or C++
- Familiarity with Internet email protocols (POP, IMAP, SMTP) and email architecture
- Experience using a configuration management system (Chef, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience working with a large-scale system (1000+ servers)
- Experience with relational databases (preferably MySQL)
- Experience with non-relational databases (preferably Redis, Cassandra and Solr)
- Experience with message brokers such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Experience with Linux logging services like - and Flume
- Web hosting experience using NGNIX or Apache
- Experience with use of container management systems such as Docker and Swarm or Kubernetes.