Cloud Engineer I- MX
Google Cloud Engineer (GCP)
Managed Partner Cloud
An exciting and rare opportunity for a talented multi cloud platform engineer has become available within our highly successful team.
Rackspace is hiring Cloud Operations Engineers to deliver Fanatical Support across multiple clouds. Fanatical Support for cloud includes a wide range of services and features to help customers make the most out of their chosen hosting strategy. Using your deep technical expertise, you will help customers optimise their workloads by providing application focused assistance in build, deploy, integrate, scale and heal using native cloud and 3rd party tool-chains and automation oriented agile principles.
With the support of other Rackspace implementation, technical and delivery specialist roles, you will work to provide a seamless Managed Cloud experience, going above-and-beyond to exceed your customer’s expectations, and preserve the unique service experience Rackspace provides.
You will be responsible for onboarding and supporting customers across the entire the cloud portfolio, including provisioning Cloud environments, performing upgrades, and addressing day-to-day customer issues via phone and tickets.
- Working knowledge of multiple clouds & Services, Relational and NoSQL Databases, Caching, Object and Block Storage, Scaling, Load Balancing, CDNs, Networking etc
- Excellent working knowledge of the Windows or Linux operating systems (RHEL, CentOS and Ubuntu) or strong Networking skills. PowerShell / Shell scripting, experience of supporting and troubleshooting issues and performance.
- Intermediate understanding of central networking concepts: VLANs, layer2/3 routing, access lists & load balancing
- Good understanding of Design of native Cloud applications, Cloud application design patterns and practices
- AWS Associate level certification
- Build, operate and support multiple Cloud environments
- Respond to customer support requests via tickets and phone calls within response time SLAs
- Ticket Queue Management and Ticket triaging – escalating to senior engineers when required & handing over ongoing issues to 24x7 shifts
- Troubleshoot performance degradation or loss of service as time critical incidents
- Assist customers in the configuration of backup, patching and monitoring of servers and services
- Build customer solutions, leveraging automation and delivery mechanisms for efficiency and scalability
- Drive strong customer satisfaction (NPS) through Fanatical Support
- Ownership of issues, including collaboration with other teams and escalation
- Support the success and development of others in the team