Commercial Digital Transformation Specialist
Digital Transformation Specialist - Retail
Rackspace is recognised as a company of experts, delivering world-class cloud service and a superior support experience on the world’s leading technology platforms. As part of our application services strategy we are seeking an experienced and accomplished Commercial Sales Specialist - Digital to fill key a position within our Rackspace Application Services team.
This role will require you to support the business to drive Digital Transformation across our install base of customers and support the acquisition of new customers looking for Application Support. Digital Transformation includes: planning, implementation, ongoing operations management, optimisation, across applications, data, security, and infrastructure.
In order to underpin the growth trajectory that the business is on and our strategic mission, we require application specialists to complement our existing personnel. Sales specialism is one of these areas; we require experienced individuals to generate and oversee application opportunities in partnership with our sales organisation. Whilst the sales organisation retains ownership of the accounts, the RAS group is an essential component to deliver the credibility and capability required to land sizeable and complex opportunities in this space.
We are witnessing significant growth in the UK as well as our Northern Europe and German regions, who also contribute significantly to our expansion. The Commercial Sales Specialist - Digital works within the RAS business unit and is part of the RAS Go-to-Market team (EMEA). The Commercial Sales Specialist is accountable for achieving monthly, quarterly and annual sales bookings targets for customers purchasing RAS services from Rackspace.
You will be responsible for partnering with the Sales organisation to develop and oversee opportunities for the RAS organisation.
You will lead large and strategic opportunities to ensure appropriate levels of standards and execution are taking place across our sales organisation. You will be seen as a commercial leader, someone sales representatives will look to for guidance and validation. You will bring gravitas to sales engagements and quickly earn the respect of our customers. You will be required to drive a number by holding others accountable. You will report performance and forecasts to the business regularly.
You will help to drive top-of-funnel activity by working with RAS Marketing and Alliance teams to ensure our message to our partners and the wider market is relevant and compelling. Your voice is critical in the refinement of our Go-To-Market message.
You are well versed in selling application services and have operated in the application market for some time. You are not strictly technical, but your experience enables you to translate technical solutions into business outcomes with ease. Considered a product specialist within sales. Fluent at the CXO level and able to quickly assess, critique and improve approach for key strategic opportunities. You are considered a ‘big hitter’ and deployed to close key deals.
- Meet and exceed sales bookings objectives
- Identify, nurture and win large deals; lead sales engagements on large or strategic growth opportunities
- C-level sponsorship, deal support or product specialism as and when required for other opportunities
- Responsible for accurate sales forecasting
- Assist in the development and implementation of key marketing initiatives, this includes working directly with the sales organization
- Facilitate regular account targeting meetings as well as specific account strategy calls in early stages of a sales cycle
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Attainment of monthly bookings targets (consisting of both support and platform revenues)
- Creation and maintenance of target account lists
- Percentage of acquisition closed won business
- Pipeline and opportunity generation
- Weekly reporting on opportunity progression
- Monthly and quarterly forecasting accuracy
- You have extensive experience in the Application arena, ideally with specific working knowledge of Digital Applications and working within a partner ecosystem.
- Your career has centered around IT (software services, web applications, XaaS, hosting, managed services, and cloud computing).
- A passion for customer service with contagious enthusiasm and energy.
- You have 5+ years demonstrable sales experience across both acquisition and existing customers.
- You are a seasoned sales individual, proficient at managing a large deal review process, forecasting and driving accountability where it matters.
- You are comfortable addressing a range of audiences – large to small, internal and external, front-line to CxO.
- Self-starter, highly driven and motivated to provide the highest possible level of responsiveness and performance from a team of people.
- Outstanding sales, communication, and relationship-building skills.
- Broad, relevant knowledge of technology.
- The ability to work effectively with people in a high-growth, fast-paced environment and drive results monthly.
- Willing to work hard to customer, sales and marketing driven deadlines.
- Superior professional presence and business acumen.
- Attention to the quality of own work.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work as an effective team member, along with the ability to apply logical thinking and a good reasoning ability.