Senior Accountant - Project / WIP Area
The Rackspace Accounting team is looking for a Senior Accountant with a passion for the latest cloud technologies to develop their career at the #1 Managed Cloud Company. The Senior Accountant is responsible for Interpreting Generally Accepted Accounting Principle (GAAP) pronouncements. Applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues. Prepares general ledger account reconciliations and account balance fluctuation analysis. Prepares standard and specialized financial reports (e.g., balance sheets, income statements, cash flow statements) according to GAAP. Assists in the preparation of external and internal reporting documents. Assists in training new staff.
In this role you will:
- Works on complex problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Works with to holds to develop and execute User Acceptance Testing.
- This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline required.
- 6-9 years of professional accounting experience. ERP experience a plus.
- Eligible to sit for CPA or equivalent exam.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Strong time management, communications, presentation, and organizational skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems.
- Ability to interact with senior internal and external personnel.
- Uses skills as an experienced professional with a full understanding of industry practices and company policies and procedures.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Ability to adapt and learn and apply professional concepts.
- Ability to communicate financial information and ideas so others will understand.
- Ability to propose solutions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions.
- Ability to lead special projects from beginning to end and facilitate meetings.
- Detail oriented.