Telecoms Engineer II
The Avaya Telecomms Engineer II will be required to maintain the current environment and support the daily operational work the business requires. The role will also support working alongside senior team members on complex projects involving the planning, design, installation, and technical support, of the telecoms infrastructure.
To be successful in this role you must have experience and understanding of the technical systems relevant to the internal IT and telecommunications environment. This individual would need a clear and experienced understanding of this progressive technology including the hardware and software behind it. They must also be capable of interpreting and implementing new technologies. this key position you will provide onsite and remote technical support, maintenance, onsite installations, on-call support when required and provide the highest level of customer service at all times
You will have a global scope, working with the internal IT support teams responsible for the overall IT infrastructure & network estate including SIP trunking. The successful candidate will be one who works independently in their field but also is an overall team member within the larger department. The role will require you to work closely with our US telecoms team in strategizing the future of the global telecoms environment.
- Working with suppliers to carry out installations of telephony software and upgrades on all internal telephony systems.
- Provide daily support in response to requests for technical assistance in line with service level agreements (this is run through ServiceNOW ticketing system)
- Assist with the planning and implementation of office moves and re locations and expansions
- Liaise with user areas and IT colleagues so as to understand their IT operational requirements
- Communicate with segments and IT colleagues to ensure they are up to date with system changes and to follow a strict change management procedure
- Report as necessary on performance against agreed objectives, timescales or service standards
- Attend meetings and contribute to telephony strategy and policy making as required. The successful candidate will be heavily involved with their US counterparts
- Develop personal or technical skills and capability through on-going training as provided by, or approved by your line manager
- Up keep of current and future Documentation for the telecoms infrastructure
- Ensure that Rackspace has an appropriate DR-BCP plan that is tested routinely
- Ensure compliance with appropriate group and industry audit requirements.
- Avaya ACS Certification (minimum requirement)
- ACE (preferred)
- Knowledge and working experience on Avaya product sets (CM, TDM, IPT, Aura, S87xx, ESS, LSP, Media Gateways, MM, CMS, Session Manager, Session Border Controller, System Platform, Avaya Equinox, Onex mobile applications, SIP trunking, OSPC Consoles, CTI), Contact Centre operations
- Basic to intermediate Knowledge of Amazon Connect product roll and support for call flows / general configuration.
- Experience in upgrading existing CM platforms and associated technologies as above.
- DHCP, TFTP and handset configurations.
- Must be an excellent communicator. I.e. able to explain complex technical telecoms issues to non-technical rackers.
- Experience in PBX/ACD/VoIP daily administration and maintenance
- Administration of ISDN/SIP trunking, trunks, Dialing plans
- Experience in a similar Avaya support role.