The Bid Manager will assemble a bid team with the relevant service / product / business knowledge required to prepare a winning bid, whilst taking ownership of the end-to-end bid process. The Bid Manager will typically be responsible for managing an opportunity from bid qualification through to contract award, including proposition development, solution review, commercial considerations, partner engagement and risk management. Responsibilities include introduction and following and running of all necessary bid procedures, governance and processes. This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. It will require strong people management and commercial skills.
Proven capability in delivering winning product or complex services opportunities. Ideally has a background in solutions and services and experience of bid campaign management from opportunity identification through to project delivery, and will provide valuable input into opportunity qualification, win strategies, commercial discussions and solution design.
Must be comfortable working at Director Level (internal and external customers). Will be fully conversant with the competitive marketplace. Sound commercial understanding, P&L and risk management skills. Should have the ability to manage complex, multi-worksteam opportunities. Solid understanding and implementation of internal governance procedures.
- To manage the bid qualification (bid go / no go) process for new opportunities
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, architecture, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer
- Risk tracking and management throughout the bid process
- Contributing to the written proposal - both in terms of content and presentation (such as preparation of a management summary)
- Ensure timely delivery of compliant and commercially sound bids
- Understand and resolve complex technical, strategic and bid related issues with the specialist team involved.
- Arrange all post bid reviews with customers, post contract award
- Must be an excellent communicator and have fluent written & spoken German language skills.