Director, Cyber Security Operations
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: The Director of Cyber Security will oversee and coordinate global security efforts across the company, in collaboration with several other departments. Those efforts include information technology, Cloud and Managed groups, human resources, communications, legal, facilities management and other groups, and will identify and operationalize security initiatives and standards.
- KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITY: Highest level knowledge of security intrusion methods, detection and prevention. Knowledge of standards, security controls, information technology and information security. Excellent management, communication and change management skills. In depth knowledge in all areas of cyber security required. Strong skill set on current cyber threats and mitigation controls. Excellent Knowledge of pertinent law and the law enforcement community. Must have excellent skills in articulating and being a persuasive leader who can serve as an effective member of the senior management team. Ability to communicate technical info and ideas so others will understand. Ability to make appropriate decisions considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions. Ability to apply varying leadership skills and traits that create solutions and results to unexpected situations. Ability to establish a long-term vision and execute it. A demonstrated ability to think globally and address issues locally with speed, commitment, and consistency.
- JOB COMPLEXITY: Oversees a portfolio of security initiatives and vendors that safeguard the company's assets, intellectual property and computer systems. Identifies security architecture, protection goals, objectives and metrics consistent with security strategic plan. Manages the development and implementation of global security policy, standards, guidelines and procedures to ensure ongoing maintenance of security. Information protection responsibilities will include network security architecture, network access and monitoring policies, employee education and awareness, and more. Maintains relationships with local, state and federal law enforcement and other related government agencies (foreign and domestic). Oversees security incident response planning as well as the investigation of security breaches, and assists with disciplinary and legal matters associated with such breaches as necessary. Works with outside consultants as appropriate for independent security audits. Assume leadership, guidance and coaching of Cyber Security team.
- SUPERVISION: Directs the activities of a broad functional area. Receives overall review of department performance.
- EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution. Requires a minimum of 8-10 years' experience with certifications. Experience with business continuity planning, auditing, and risk management, as well as contract and vendor negotiation is required. Must have experience in communicating security-related concepts and vision to a broad range of stakeholders; including legal, vendors, customers, industry, law enforcement, as well as operations (technical and non- technical staff).
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: General office environment. High levels of stress may occur No special physical demands required.