Storage Administrator I-1- IN
Responsible for the day-to-day operations on multiple storage arrays and storage infrastructure.
Initial activities include the provision, expansion and decommission of customer storage across single and multi-tenant arrays.
Further activities will include performance reporting, maintenances and troubleshooting.
• Must have experience working in enforced change and risk control environments.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Strong time-management skills.
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Strong technical knowledge in technology troubleshooting methodologies, design, and implementation.
• Able to resolve problems in an efficient and thus, timely manner.
• Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously without dropping attention to detail or risk aversion.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of troubleshooting, testing, and performance tuning in Storage platforms.
• Basic knowledge of storage best practices for current VMware, Windows and Linux operation systems, File systems, SQL, MySQL, Oracle, and Exchange.
• Strong working knowledge of Networking, Fiber Channel concepts, and technologies.
• Hands on experience of a combination within EMC VMAX, VNX1, VNX2, Unity, Isilon, and NetApp FAS arrays; Cluster mode and 7-mode, FlexClone, SnapMirror, SnapVault, SnapRestore, SnapDrive, and Brocade Fiber Channel Switches required.
• Ability to provide FANATICAL support.
• Follows pre-defined processes to plan and execute technical change as requested by customers.
• Responds to queries from customers regarding performance, process and recommendations based on Rackspace best practices.
• Builds new storage configurations via software installation, LUN/Volume provisioning for new requests or expansion requests, host zoning and registration, quality control, and ticket consolidation.
• Decommission storage devices.
• Performs host un-zoning and de-registration, and server clean up.
Performs troubleshooting for host end-to-end connectivity, host-side storage software, and non-critical storage component failures.
• Escalates critical component failures to higher-level engineers.
• Answers general configuration questions, audits environments, and performs quality control as part of storage fleet management.
• Provides performance statistics reporting, software reporting, and storage reporting to meet requests by customers and Rackspace leaders.
• Audits Array and CORE logs, performance, utilization, and validates data accuracy in Rackspace records.
• Also audits reference tools such as, Wiki, SharePoint, RSS feed, etc.
• Assists with scheduling and working host-side maintenances including, quality control, HBAs, Re-kicks, LUN expansions and migrations, Cab migrations, and migration cutovers.
• Upgrades software, firmware, and drivers, and performs regular system health checks.
• Makes recommendations for process and procedure improvements.
• Expected to reach out to wider team for assistance to perform more complex duties and on any requests not 100% clear on.
• Minimum 1 years Storage and Fiber Channel switch experience gained in role with EMC, NetApp, or Brocade experience preferred.
• Must have at least 3 years experience in a customer service oriented position.
• HS Diploma required; Bachelor’s degree and 4 years of information systems experience and system administration experience indicating an intermediate understanding of Storage technology is required.
• At the hiring manager’s discretion, additional relevant experience may substitute for the degree requirements.