Director, Executive & Equity Compensation
Oversees the planning, implementation and management of all executive and equity compensation programs for the organization to ensure overall competitiveness and make design recommendations to further Rackspace’s compensation strategy. Develops goals based on strategic company objectives and serves as internal consultant on all executive and equity compensation matters.
- Subject matter expertise in executive and equity compensation principles, practices, and legal compliance.
- Able to handle high level of confidentiality regarding employee information. Strong knowledge of global legal regulations affecting stock plans and administration and executive compensation. High proficiency in Microsoft office including PowerPoint and Access.
- Advanced analytical skillset in Excel with eye for detail and accuracy.
- Recognizes opportunities to provide guidance and share expertise with team members.
- Takes ownership and accountability of tasks to drive results and improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Solution orientated with the drive to foresee problems and prevent them from occurring by addressing in a proactive manner.
- Ability to develop strategic outputs in response to complex issues. Strong vendor management and customer support orientation.
- Ability to develop and guide constructive and collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Participate in the design and manage the implementation and administration of equity program and executive compensation programs for officers and key executives that align with the strategic plan.
- Programs may include base pay review and analysis, short- and long-term incentive plan design and equity plan design.
- Manage the third-party vendor which administers our long-term incentive programs for employees and non-executive directors.
- Manage the processes and act as the subject matter expert to ensure effective coordination of all activities between payroll, HRIS, accounting, treasury, legal and the vendor for all grant and vesting events.
- Project manage and prepare the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors compensation materials.
- Provide consultation on executive compensation matters to senior human resource leaders for new hires, promotions and terminations. Provide executive compensation briefings to eligible executives, as necessary (e.g., new hires or newly promoted).
- Direct the salary survey process and evaluate market data for executive positions. Advise senior leadership regarding business decisions related to executive compensation.
- Complete all compliance reporting and analysis. Support and lead other broad-based compensation projects, as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Human Resources, Finance, Accounting, Business or a Related Field. Master's degree a plus.
- Requires 10+ years of experience, with at least 5 in a management role, in executive compensation design, analysis and administration, both cash and equity, in the public or private sector or a compensation consulting background.
- Prefer global experience in the technology industry.