Senior Business Analyst
EMEA Sales Operations Senior Business Analyst
The EMEA Sales Operations Senior Business Analyst is critical to the success of the EMEA sales business, providing insight into complex data sets to facilitate strategic and tactical decision-making. The priority and expectation is that the Senior Business Analyst will enable sales excellence.
Sales Analytics and Insight
- Support sales by developing reporting tools, creating custom reports, providing data analysis and reporting and tracking of KPIs and metrics
- Standardize reporting methods and models
- Develop plans to support the continuous improvement of processes and procedures
- Works on analytical requests and projects of moderate and high complexity.
- Providing data mining, decision support, trend analysis and making data insightful recommendations.
- Able to extract data per requirements from various sources including SQL, Oracle, QlikView and SFDC and consolidate using a variety of reporting tools and interfaces.
- Provide sales support and bookings data validation to relevant sales, marketing, finance and commission teams, etc.
- Maintains bookings data integrity through audits and enforcement of established bookings rules.
- Maintains general Salesforce.com data integrity and assists in closing and reporting sales numbers on a monthly basis. This includes system audits, and various month close activities.
- Communicate & educate the organization on product and process changes.
- Educate sellers on company policies: e.g. ROE
- Manage and provide visibility around leading indicators of future pipeline development and revenue generation (i.e. activity based measures).
- Problem resolution: e.g. Proactive identification of issues. Mitigate challenges by successful planning, execution and communication of cross-functional projects in support of Sales leadership objectives.
- Pattern recognition: e.g. Analyze trends related to organizational performance in order to help identify organizational needs. Make recommendations back to the sales leaders based on trends.
- Process improvement as it relates to bookings procedures for current and new products.
- Ensure key business decisions are data driven and consult on companywide processes changes.
- Make suggestions and drive efficiency and process enhancements that underpin core themes and strategies that drive the finance objectives of the sales division.
- Act as sales liaison and advocate across sales affecting projects.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business with 5 – 7 years of increasingly responsible and complex work experience in business Intelligence, operations and/or strategy required.
- Experience of working with large, varied and complex data sets and must have strong technical experience with business analysis, data analysis and understanding data structures.
- Strong finance, mathematical and analytical ability required
- Proven training experience
- Knowledge of industry drivers, key customer trends, competition and market themes
- Effective project management, timely and high quality delivery of assignments
- Knowledge of industry standards best practices such as ITIL
- Analytical with a mix of commercial acumen and technical skillset
- Pays close attention to detail with the ability to consolidate, organize and present large amounts of data from different sources
- Ability to detect patterns and translate complex and technical topics for non-technical audiences.
- Excellent problem solving abilities with a thirst for knowledge and a passion for continuous improvement.
- Strong knowledge of the sales function and understanding of sales bookings procedures and rules as well as ability to work with internal sales teams and leaders to establish appropriate bookings procedures for new products.
- Ability to become knowledge leader and a person executives implicitly trust to provide excellent data and reporting.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple work streams at the same time
- Must have advanced SQL skills including temp tables, nested selects, and linked servers.
- Advanced Powerpoint, MS Excel and reporting skills are essential
- Advanced Salesforce.com reporting and dashboard creation knowledge including Custom Report Types, Joined Reports, Cross Filters.
- Good understanding of statistical analysis tools and intermediate QV skills (connecting to data, building objects and publishing dashboards)
- Working knowledge of financial and operational KPIs.
- Advanced ability to understand and capture business problems and needs
- Strong team player, willing to be flexible for the benefit of the overall team
- Excellent communication skills – written, presentation and verbal