Linux Administrator III
The Linux System Administrator L3 will provide the highest level of customer support and is a key element within the Rackspace support infrastructure and is expected to provide fanatical support to our customers with a high level of professional care and technical support via the phone and ticketing system.
You are expected to apply thorough problem-solving techniques to identify the source of the problem and own the issues through to resolution, whilst keeping the customer up-to-date and reassured with updates over the phone and ticketing system.
As an L3 administrator this role carries important elements of leadership and mentorship to junior members of the team, and therefore advocates documentation and knowledge sharing, mentoring, and processes and procedure reviews.
You will own complex customer issues which may take several days or weeks to resolve and keep our customers updated through every step of the process. You are also expected to take initiative and advise on potential pitfalls that a customer may encounter and suggest alternatives which may better serve the stability and security of the customer's solution.
Within this role it is essential that you will create and maintain customer loyalty by providing Fanatical Support above and beyond customer expectations.
- Provide exceptional customer support via the phone, and ticketing system
- Own level-appropriate customer requests and issues, seeing them through to resolution
- Receive escalations from junior Linux Systems Administrators or other areas of the technical operations organisation
- Work with and escalate to other administrators or support teams according to escalation procedures
- Mentoring junior team members
- Knowledge sharing, delivering brown bags, and writing documentation and knowledge base articles
- Schedule and coordinate level-appropriate maintenances
- Monitor ticket response times and take appropriate actions to ensure team response time targets are met
- Collaborate with Service Delivery Managers and Business Development Consultants to build strong customer relationships
- Collaborate with fellow system administrators and support team members
- Contribute to defining and reviewing policy and process standards, and signing off on them where appropriate
- Provide Fanatical Support® in all interactions
- Linux certifications such as Linux+, RHCSA/RHCE/RHCA or similar
- Advanced knowledge of Servers/computer hardware and software
- Advanced knowledge of Linux OS (including Red Hat/CentOS and Ubuntu)
- Advanced knowledge of applications, services and protocols commonly used in hosting environments:
- Web servers
- Database servers
- Mail Servers
- DNS / Name servers
- Backups and restores
- Advanced knowledge of networking concepts and devices
- Migrations of data and services