Financial Analyst I
The Rackspace Finance & Accounting team is looking for a Financial Analyst I with passion for the latest cloud technologies to develop their career at the #1 Managed Cloud Company. The Financial Analyst I is responsible for performing basic financial analyses on cash flows, operating results, and business plans to determine rates of return, capital/cash flow requirements, etc. Prepares forecasts and analyses on industry and general economic trends. May be responsible for budget analysis.
This role involves:
- Analyzing and evaluating the company's operating results and financial position.
- Preparing profitability analyses.
- Assisting with preparation of inputs and maintenance of company's budgets.
- Budgets include monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports which exemplify revenues and expenses.
- Supporting the development process of each budget with department managers.
- Forecasting accurate and timely cash flow projections, sales projections, expense projections, profitability, headcount, department performance, and direct expenses.
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required in Business, Finance, or a related field plus 1 year of experience
- Basic knowledge of budgeting, financial statements, cash management, and financial analysis processes.
- Ability to create basic forecasting models.
- Must also possess high attention to detail and be comfortable doing data analysis for extended periods of time.
- Intermediate Excel skills required.
- Must have basic presentation skills and ability to express fundamental quantitative concepts to non-financial audience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt and learn and apply professional concepts.
- Ability to successfully work and promote inclusiveness in small groups.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently provide FANATICAL support.