Full Stack Developer
ObjectRocket by Rackspace is looking for a Full Stack Developer to help build the next generation platform for Database-as-a-Service. Our platform for managing, monitoring, and backing up data on the ObjectRocket platform currently operates thousands of nodes with petabytes of data. We’re looking for thinkers at this level to be part of a talented mission-driven team building powerful tools which greatly increase customer success.
Our mission is to disrupt the market with a completely new product class. One where developers can finally forget about the back end data source and focus on building compelling products. By focusing on open source solutions, unparalleled specialist expertise, and the industry’s best cloud database platform we enable customers to experience levels of data management ease and understanding never before seen.
Ultimately, we improve by an order of magnitude the way developers store, retrieve, and manage data.
- Architect, build and maintain scalable systems, services, and products
- Maintain and grow current products with a vision toward how the product and architecture should evolve to adapt to new customer needs
- Participate in regular code reviews of peers, be open to pairing when necessary
- Stay up-to-date with modern product development including libraries, tools, browser support and frameworks
- Collaborate with the team on new conventions, libraries, and tools to adopt
- A strong sense of product ownership and thrives in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- You understand the value of shipping quickly and of software craftsmanship and have the judgment to know when to apply each.
- Strong Python or Golang skills - we are using both
- Messaging systems experience - ex: SNS/SQS, RabbitMQ, ApacheMQ, Apache Kafka
- Experience building elastic, scalable APIs / microservices
- Experience building solutions with AWS, GCE, Azure, etc.
- Exceptional problem-solving and communication skills
- You write tests for your code
- Familiar with using git, Jenkins, circle-ci, and ci/cd tools
- You’re a polyglot and love using the right tool for the job and can explain why
- You’re used to using Docker containers as part of your daily SDLC
Nice to have(s)
- Experience working with MongoDB, Redis, Elasticsearch or other NoSQL databases
- Java, Ruby, js, C/C++
- An entrepreneurial spirit/business sense
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technology related field required, and 5+ years of experience in software development, engineering, testing, or a related field.
- Understanding of software engineering fundamentals gained through training, course work, or relevant experience.