Financial Analyst II
The Rackspace Finance & Accounting team is looking for a Financial Analyst II with passion for the latest cloud technologies to develop their career at the #1 Managed Cloud Company. The Financial Analyst II is responsible for performing moderately complex financial analyses on cash flows, operating results, and business plans to determine rates of return, capital/cash flow requirements, etc. Prepares forecasts and analyses on industry and general economic trends. Responsible for budget analysis.
This role involves:
- Analyzing and evaluating the company's operating results and financial position.
- Assessing options for improvement on business expenses.
- Preparing profitability analyses.
- Assisting department managers with budgeting process: plans, develops, prepares, inputs and maintains company’s budgets.
- Working with department managers through the development process of each budget.
- Actively participating in the development process of each budget with department managers.
- Budgets include monthly, quarterly, and yearly reports, which exemplify revenues and expenses.
- Forecasts accurate and timely cash flow projections, sales projections, expense projections, profitability, headcount, department performance, and direct expenses.
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required in Accounting, Business, Finance, or a related field plus 3 years of experience.
- General knowledge of budgeting, financial statements, cash management and financial analysis processes.
- General understanding of business valuation.
- Ability to create moderately complex forecasting models.
- Must also possess high attention to detail and be comfortable doing data analysis for extended periods of time.
- Intermediate Excel skills required.
- Must have intermediate presentation skills, ability to express complex quantitative concepts to non-financial audience. Intermediate communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good organizational skills.
- Ability to successfully work and promote inclusiveness in small groups.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently provide FANATICAL support.