Sr. Client Executive
Drives the full sales cycle, utilizing industry and strategic knowledge to win large, complex, strategic, business-changing deals. Responsible for providing customers with product solutions based on facts and understanding of customers' business needs and strategy. Generates and owns opportunities through the full sales cycle from lead to close. Leverages an established network of references to win credibility.
- Matrix management – leading virtual teams (service delivery, product teams, etc.) to align with the customer
- Builds and owns the account plans, including pursuit plan, timeline, deliverables, and goals, for named prospects assigned to them.
- Builds and owns an integrated portfolio plan to prioritize activities targeted at named prospects.
- In partnership with a regional sales manager, finalizes named prospect list, providing input into additional strategic pursuits within the territory that align with overall Rackspace competitive strategy (additions will be limited).
- Coordinates with Marketing and BDRs to select targeted marketing plays to run for named prospects.
- Leads sales process for all Rackspace solutions, particularly large, complex, multi-cloud pursuits requiring cross functional collaboration.
- Conducts targeted outbound prospecting within assigned accounts.
- Engages potential client to understand high-level needs and verifies right fit for Rackspace solution and to qualify leads based on a set framework.
- Leads efforts to create a proposal for a solution to prove value add.
- Leads the negotiation, closure, and documentation of customer contracts and renewals (for customers with growth potential).
- Collaborates with prospective customers to select the best solution to meet their needs out of the full product portfolio.
- Recognized as an expert within Rackspace.
- Proactively identifies and participates in the resolution of complex problems that impact the direction of the business.
- Develops and delivers innovative strategies that benefit customers and/or clients.
- Leads major business projects which impact a region or entire function.
- Contributes to the development of annual organizational objectives/priorities.
- Works independently, with guidance in complex situations only.
- Leads some projects or programs within a function.
- May act as a team leader to coordinate activities of other personnel.
- Decisions impact the achievement of customer, operational, program or service objectives.
- Actions are guided by policies, resource requirements, budgets, and the area business plan.
- Contributions often result in business or process improvements.
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles.
- Leads others to solve issues of diverse scope where analysis requires an understanding of current business trends.
- Uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions.
- Drives cross-functional collaboration to give potential customers a seamless experience across Rackspace through sales, implementation and onboarding, and Account Management hand-off.
- Gathers and collaborates with internal resources (Specialist Sellers, Portfolio Architects, Specialized Architects, Pro Serv) so that consistent, aligned solutions are presented to potential customers.
- Recommends resource allocation to ensure the right level of subject matter expertise.
- Builds and manages relationships with senior client leaders at assigned accounts to influence the client’s strategic and purchasing decisions
- Networks with key stakeholders and executives external to the specialty area.
- Conducts analysis of pursuits and develop best practices.
- Share knowledge with stakeholders in strategic pursuit, support, and sales organization.
- Influence the sales process through leadership consultation and real-world examples.
- Experience with consultative selling and solutions selling
- Experience selling Professional Services
- Experience selling to an Executive presence
- Business knowledge to understand customer needs and strategy and apply the value of Rackspace solutions to their specific situation.
- Must have the experience and business savvy necessary to interact directly with CTO, CIO, VP and other senior roles within the customer organization.
- Must have the business connections to gain access to new customers through self-directed referrals and customer penetration activities.
- May be regarded as an expert in their particular job family.
- Requires in-depth expertise and/or breadth of knowledge of own job family and of other job families within the job function.
- Able to anticipate business and industry issues and recommend new and innovative approaches to respond.
- Able to communicate the same message in a different way to both technical and business oriented people. Superior ability to adapt messages to stakeholders at all levels of the company, from CTO level to front-line technical support.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills. Goal oriented with superior work ethic.
- Able to influence others in decision-making.
- Superior negotiation skills and the ability to negotiate with many personality types.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work numerous projects at the same time.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a high level of patience and the ability to nurture.
- Able to develop and manage internal and external business relationships of various temperaments, talents, and convictions.
- Bachelor's Degree in Sales, Marketing, Business or a related field required.
- Requires 12+ years successful B2B sales experience, including a minimum of 6 years of experience in technology or a related industry OR 12+ years professional sales experience, including a minimum of 6 years of B2B sales experience in Managed or Cloud Hosting.
- Successful acquisition sales experience, incorporating value/service selling in business or marketing required.
- Demonstrated successful experience developing and maintaining a sales pipeline through referrals, customer contacts, and targeted accounts.
- Experience in all facets of sales: outbound lead generation, follow up, pipeline management, training, and closing skills required.
- Documented success in closing revenue-generating business and successful history working under a quota required.
- Previous strategic selling experience required.
- Lives in the market, expected to be out of home-office with customers 60 – 80% time.