Service Delivery Manager I
Please note: This is NOT a people manager/leadership position but rather an individual contributor position.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Owns the relationship held with each customer, and serves as an interface between the customer and the Rackspace support infrastructure to ensure the customer's technical, administration, and specialist support needs are met. Owns customer issues from identification to resolution and ensures customers know the value of Fanatical Support. Maximizes the strength of the customer relationship by building a solid rapport with stakeholders in both the client and Rackspace organization through identifying and taking advantage of sales, networking, and public relations opportunities and manages difficult situations to ensure Rackspace’s reputation of FANATICAL support is upheld. Owns customer requests for component upgrades. Partners with Sales to identify, research, and execute on opportunities to leverage the Rackspace product portfolio and to grow customers’ footprint.
* KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITY: General knowledge of hosting environment. General knowledge of technology based service oriented industry. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office. General understanding of basic implementation process both systems and flow. Ability to listen and assess stated and unstated needs. Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication and negotiation skills. Ability to adapt, learn and apply professional/business concepts. Ability to multi-task, organize and manage time. Ability to express technical concepts to a non-technical audience. Able to prioritize and highly varied work level in order to maintain required productivity levels. Ability to demonstrate innovative problem solving and critical thinking. Basic understanding of financial terminology and business acumen. Ability to learn Rackspace products and differentiator in the market. Basic relationship building and opportunity identification skills to leverage Rackspace products. Flexible and adaptable to work schedule based on customer need. Ability to provide FANATICAL support.
* JOB COMPLEXITY: Works on level appropriate customer requests via the ticketing system and escalates according to procedures. Exercises judgment to provide FANATICAL Customer Support to customer base. Maintains contact with others both internal and external. May take part in or assist with organizing customer visits and meetings. Handles customer account updates, i.e. address & contact changes, etc. Schedules maintenances. Completes and processes all component and hardware upgrades. Renews customer relationship with Rackspace. Manages appropriate technical resource(s) to solve customer problems. Highly transactional role primarily working through basic, defined procedures.
* SUPERVISION: Receives direct instructions on work assignments and supports higher level Account Managers with various projects in support of customer needs.
* EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: HS Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree preferred. At the manager's discretion, a Bachelor's degree may substitute for the experience requirement. Prior business to business service/relationship management experience preferred. Prior account management experience highly desirable. Relevant hosting experience preferred.
EXTERNAL: 1 - 2 years relevant service/relationship management experience (or Bachelor's degree, at manager's discretion).
INTERNAL: 6-12 months RAX experience in a customer facing role (or Bachelor's degree, at manager's discretion).
* PHYSICAL DEMANDS: General office environment. May require long periods sitting and viewing a computer monitor. Moderate levels of stress may occur at times. No special physical demands required. Occasional domestic travel, less than 10%.