Senior Manager, Service Delivery
Job Description Summary
The Senior Manager of Service Delivery is responsible for leading a highly customer-centric team of Service Delivery Managers, Technical Account Managers and Technical Architects to effectively deliver services to Rackspace AWS, AZURE and GCP customers. In this role you will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with C-Level executives as well as ensuring the team delivers successful customer outcomes.
- Passionate management and coaching of Service Delivery Managers
- Effective management of escalations
- Creating a work environment and atmosphere that engages and delights both Rackers and customers
- Creative thinking on ways to improve our service delivery
- Effective adaptation of working in line with corporate objectives
- Adherence to Industry recognized standards
- Recruiting, managing and developing technical and non-technical Rackers
- Acting as the final escalation point for customer and staff issues
- Managing all facets of customer retention and churn prevention
- Collecting and presenting KPI values to leadership indicating our areas of success and for improvement
- Manages personnel activities of staff including hiring, training, terminating, etc.
- Masters understanding of Rackspace products for identifying opportunities for customers and service delivery to drive additional revenue
- Reviewing service failures to highlight and drive process improvement opportunities
- Managing SLAs and implementing process change to underpin contractual SLAs
- Coaching teams on how to apply industry best practices during customer consultations to maximize service delivery
- Setting team targets and managing/monitoring performance accordingly
- Building a scalable and efficient organizational model
- Collaboration with the wider global Rackspace teams and internal departments
- Building strong relationships with customers and developing synergies to improve the service
- Maintaining a motivated, engaged team
- To present and promote Rackspace to existing customers through meetings and visits
- Carry out regular performance reviews and objectives setting, including regular 1:1 sessions
- To create a close working relationship with the Managed Public Cloud product and operations teams
- Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedure as directed
- Experience or Certification with Managed Public Clouds - AWS, Azure or GCP would be Ideal
SUPERVISION: May direct the work efforts of managers and supervisors. Responsible for hiring, firing, performance appraisals, and pay reviews.
EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION: At least 5 years of Operational Management experience within a mission critical environment, committed to providing FANATICAL customer service. Experience of effectively dealing with high level escalations and customer complaints. Experience of developing customer and employee intelligence strategies and utilizing the findings to enhance service delivery. Extensive experience presenting and representing the organization to a variety of national and international audiences. A minimum of 2 years managing people. A strong background in account management or demonstrative hosting-specific technical skills. Drive to succeed. Budget management of a minimum of £5 Million. Customer relationship management. Mentoring, coaching and training. Exceptional communications skills, written and interpersonal. ITIL Certification preferred. Demonstrated excellence interpersonal skills to liaise, network and benchmark performance. Demonstrated ability to consistently provide FANATICAL support.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: General office environment. High level of stress may occur at times. No special physical demands required. Heavy telephone