Linux Lead Engineer
A Lead Engineer acts as a senior consultative partner for customers, to assist them in achieving their business and technical objectives, whilst pro-actively seeking opportunities to review and improve their multicloud solutions.
Rackspace are looking for senior technical engineers, consultants, IT Managers or similar to join our Service Delivery Organisation. Using your technical and service management skills to deliver ‘Fanatical Service’ to our Mid-Market\Enterprise customer segment. Working alongside a Service Delivery Manager, you will be responsible for the technical platform for your customers.
You will work with a Service Delivery Manager to build relationships with your customers and be highly focused on business and technical outcomes that improve customer satisfaction, retention and mitigate contract churn.
This is a very wide ranging role, both from a technical and service perspective, thus we look to provide a good on-boarding programme and further training via computer based learning and onsite training facilities.
- Experience of hosting web applications across a variety of servers such as Apache, Tomcat or Nginx
- A good understanding of Linux technologies and distros: RedHat, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian
- Experience of architecting and managing production environments across Physical, Virtualized and Cloud technologies
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting high availability solutions, RH Cluster
- Basic understanding of Load Balancers, Firewalls and other network technologies
- A solid understanding of Enterprise class Virtualization and Storage technologies
- Experience working within various ITSM frameworks g. ITIL and some Development methodologies e.g. Agile
- Basic ability to read and follow scripting code like Bash or PowerShell
Day to day requirements
- Provide Fanatical Support™ for Rackers and customers
- Act as a consultative partner for customers to assist them in achieving their business objectives
- Drive the adoption of Cloud and Multi Cloud technologies for the benefit of the customer
- Pro-actively seek opportunities to improve customer’s solution architecture and operation
- Advise, design and troubleshoot complex Linux Solutions built using dedicated hardware, virtualized environments and the Cloud technologies.
- Manage and oversee the technical changes, maintenances and migrations of customers solutions
- Ensure appropriate technical documentation is in place for customer solutions
- Identify opportunities to recommend latest Enterprise grade technologies to support customer objectives
- Develop and maintain your understanding of Rackspace product and service catalogue