Cloud Sales Specialist - New logo
The Acquisition Consultant will ultimately be responsible for driving new business opportunities and profitable revenue growth, by identifying new target logo’s to develop a sales plan against; the role will be specifically to focus on net new logo business. The Acquisition role will focus on developing a sales pipeline with net new logo target accounts with a turnover of between £100M - £1B and across all market verticals. It is essential that the BDC has a proven track record of winning managed public and private cloud ideally covering all of the major hyperscalers alongside more traditional dedicated hosting offerings.
The Acquisition Consultant will develop and plan strategies and activities for specified accounts and opportunities such as; selecting high yield visits, initiating calls, identifying buyer influences, overcoming objections, introducing new services, making sales presentations and negotiating to close.
- Meet and exceed monthly sales quota with a recognition that new business has peaks and troughs
- Develop and present major deal/account strategies
- Proactively generate, qualify and close new business opportunities
- Responsible for full sales cycle from proactively generating lead to close
- Management of the quality of overall deliverables and pursuit strategy throughout the whole sales process
- Run sales campaigns on target client lists based on a clear understanding of Rackspace’s proposition meeting the requirements of the chosen target list
- Work closely with Solutions Engineers to perform presales feasibility assessments of how well Rackspace solutions meet the customer requirements and what customisation would be required
- Maintain clear business understanding of your customers business needs and how Rackspace fits in with them – where appropriate drive Rackspace product teams to develop new propositions
- Engage with channel partners to find and develop new opportunities
- Generate case studies and Customer focussed PR activity to highlight Rackspace’s capabilities across it’s prospect base
- Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedure as directed
- Ability to build and gain customer engagement and sign off on strategic deal focus
- Demonstrable ability to develop rapport and solution sell into board level contacts within mid market businesses
- Proven successful commercial experience of achieving targets within a strategic sales environment, incorporating value/solutions service selling ideally within the IT/ Technology sector (e.g. IT/ software/ ecommerce services, web/ application/ platform hosting, managed services, virtualization, datacentre, SaaS, Cloud computing, Co-location, ISP)
- Proven territory development skills. Must be able to generate, qualify and close business opportunities
- Strong full life cycle B2B sales experience
- Proven ability to meet and exceed targets in the shape of KPIs and a monthly revenue quota.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent rapport building skills via the phone, email and face to face to ensure the effective delivery of proposals
- Proven ability to prioritise and work on a number of opportunities at any time within a challenging monthly driven cycle. A key area here is the ability to drive longer term strategic opportunities whilst working transactional business to deliver the monthly target
- Responding to RFIs, RFQs and working with peers on negotiating and drafting commercial contracts.
- Professional sales training and sales process knowledge
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and/or relevant commercial experience