Linux System Administrator
A Linux Systems Administrator is a key element in providing Fanatical support to our customers and is expected to provide a high level of professional care and technical support over the phone and in support tickets.
As a Systems Administrator you are expected to apply thorough problem-solving techniques to identify the source of the problem and own the issues through to resolution, whilst keeping the customer up-to-date and reassured with updates over the phone and ticketing system.
You will also give advice on best practices or potential pitfalls that you identify and suggest alternatives that may better serve the stability, security and performance of the customer’s solution.
- To provide the highest level of Technical support
- Work with leading-edge technology in the cloud computing space
- Install, configure, update and troubleshoot services for customers such as OS level concerns, web server, database server, applications server and mail; includes Apache, MySQL, PHP, FTP, SSH and DNS
- Create and maintain customer loyalty by serving customers above and beyond their expectations
- Support customers over the phone, email and via tickets
- Collaborate with fellow system administrators and support team members
- Provide Fanatical Support® in all interactions
- General knowledge (Networking, hardware, software, DNS)
- RedHat Linux (RHCSA level)
- Strong Apache and MySQL experience
- System services (i.e Apache, mail transfer agents (sendmail,postfix,qmail)FTP, SSH and PHP
- Clustering Experience
- Understand purpose of firewalls and load balancers, VPN and SSL technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate technical issues to nontechnical and technical audiences
- Creative and collaborative team player
- Ownership and follow-up skills
- The ability to response effectively under pressure