Service Delivery Manager IV
Please note: This is NOT a people manager/leadership position but rather an individual contributor position.
In collaboration with your ESA you are wholly responsible for the relationship and successful delivery of contracted Rackspace products and services ensuring the customer’s strategic, technical and specialist support needs are met.
Maximizes the strength of the customer relationship by building a deep rapport with stakeholders at all levels, including CxO, in both the client and Rackspace organizations.
Through effective use of Rackspace stakeholders and experts, conduct strategic level business and technology roadmapping, partner with Sales and technical practices to identify, research, and execute on opportunities to leverage the Rackspace product portfolio to grow the customers’ footprint and long-term relationship commitment.
Operate a quality service management function as per Rackspace framework. Manage targets and ensure service performance is monitored and maintained as defined within the agreed service level agreements. Ensure detailed metrics and records are kept and reported on, and that appropriate action is initiated to maintain service levels and predict and manage operational, finance and contract risk and trends.
- Experience within a similar role elsewhere, ideally gained within an IT Service provider.
- Broad technical knowledge of computing infrastructure and cloud technologies.
- Commercial awareness – responsible for customer churn, credits and growth opportunities.
- Demonstrable successful track record in improving services and /or proactive management.
- Knowledge of any structured service delivery methodology, certification preferable.
- Ability to adapt working style and approach to best communicate with various business contacts. Ability to apply previous work experiences to resolve a wide range of issues in imaginative as well as practical ways.
- Demonstrable ability to influence decision making.
- Relationship Management.
- Risk Management.
- Ability to understand and apply Rackspace customer support model and demonstrate value to customers.
- Expert interpersonal, written, and verbal communication and negotiation skills. Exhibits excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent creative problem-solving abilities.
- Advanced knowledge of business products, industry trends/best practices and solid understanding of financial terminology.
- Comfortable operating at CxO level.
- Advanced understanding of Rackspace’s differentiator in the market with an ability to communicate the value of that difference to key stakeholders providing FANATICAL SUPPORT.
- Flexible and adaptable to work schedule based on customer need.
- Ability to thrive in a complex and rapidly changing environment.
- Able to prioritize and highly varied work level in order to maintain required productivity levels.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and qualities.
- Ability to apply varying leadership skills and traits that create solutions and results to unexpected situations.
- Become a mentor for new/junior recruits.
- Driven to deliver the highest quality service to our clients.
- Provides strategic leadership and direction for the delivery of pre- and post-sales services and support to clients/customers.
- Manages all facets of customer retention (CRM) including participating in the resolution of customer concerns and defining and developing a customer contact strategy.
- Analyzes operational processes, escalation procedures and performs training needs assessments for identifying opportunities for service delivery improvements and value add to the customer/clients. Develops customer service department procedures.
- Liaises between customers and manufacturing, sales, field service, order processing and accounting to resolve status, production, delivery and billing inquiries.
- Reviews SLA claims.
- Develops and manages responses, ensuring customer service with speed and accuracy and all client/customer service delivery issues are resolved.
- Manages market research to determine special pricing for nonstandard items in the interests of ensuring appropriate profit margins are reached and maintained.
- Manages technical resource(s) to solve customer problems and escalations.
- Coordinates builds and maintenances.
- Renews customer contracts.
- Wide latitude for independent judgment and ownership of issues. Determines methods and procedures on new assignments. May mentor or lead others.
- A go-to and proactive person.
- Must have gravitas and excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Communications - Ability to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations adjusting the terminology to the characteristics and needs of the audience. In particular is an effective communicator both orally and in writing.
- Influence - Able to influence a wide range of groups and individuals to actively support a point of view or position. In particular securing the “buy-in” of others who may have their own agenda.
- Individual leadership - Uses the most appropriate interpersonal styles & methods to inspire and guide individuals both internal and external, in the achievement of goals and tasks.
- Ability to motivate teams for the delivery to client requirements and standards.
- Bachelor's Degree required. High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- At the manager’s discretion, additional relevant and professional IT industry experience may substitute for college education on a year for year basis.
- Prior service delivery management experience required
- Relevant hosting/technology experience preferred.
- Previous sales experience preferred.
EXTERNAL: 5 - 7 years relevant service and relationship management and/or sales account management experience required.
INTERNAL: 3 years RAX AM II - III combined experience required.
- General office environment. May require long periods sitting and viewing a computer monitor. Moderate levels of stress may occur at times. No special physical demands required. Domestic travel required, potentially international, approximately 20%.