Linux System Engineer
ObjectRocket is a young company with big goals. We want to build the next generation of Database as a Service, and we need your help. We need folks who want to build something that hasn't been done yet, is hard, yet fantastically rewarding.
We are located in the heart of beautiful downtown Austin, TX. Austin is highly regarded as a wonderful place to live, work, and play. It's the Live Music Capital of the World and has a serious nightlife.
ObjectRocket has a fast-paced, and exciting culture. We are a small team and move quickly. We are building something quite amazing and look to be leaders in our field and community. We are growing like crazy, we need more help!
As an ElasticSearch Engineer, you will work with other System Engineers, SRE’s and Developers to ensure maximum performance, availability and product enhancements of our database services and infrastructure. Our Engineering position is someone who is familiar with both software, systems engineering and ElasticSearch with a desire to build a world-class service for customers.
- Own major portions of the product to help build the next feature and architecture.
- Design and architect operational solutions for managing applications and infrastructure, across data centres and cloud providers with the specific goal of increasing the automation, repeatability, and consistency of operational tasks.
- Design, and roll out cloud and physical network, storage, and system improvements to ensure redundancy, high availability, and security
- Support and perform maintenance across product and data environments/systems
- Capacity planning and management for various services
- Resolve bugs, performance problems, and other issues with production applications
- Cross-train infrastructure team members in areas of expertise
- Participate in on-call rotation duties
- Solid ElasticSearch experience.
- Experience with Linux systems administration and tuning. Requires at least 7 years of Linux systems experience, including systems administration or engineering experience.
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Experience in one or more of the following: Python, Ruby, Go.
- Experience with automation tools: Puppet, Chef, Docker, Jenkins and/or Ansible
- Understand and have implemented Docker and other container-based systems
- Strong passion for automation, testing and code quality
- Experience with public cloud providers (AWS, Azure, Google Compute.)
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and remote teams
- Has experience using Prometheus and Grafana
- Experience with cluster managers like Mesos or Kubernetes.
- You think of infrastructure and automation as code
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience. Usually requires 6+ years of information systems design/architecture experience with a minimum of 3-4 years working in the Rackspace environment or equivalent customer support workplace. RHCT and RHCE certification or equivalent is required. At the manager’s discretion, equivalent experience may substitute for the degree requirement. High school diploma or equivalent required.