Managed Backup Administrator I-3
Backup Administrators work with Rackspace's over 18,000 customer base as well as internal departments to implement and manage backups, perform data restores, resolve issues including escalation, and work with new and existing customers to create solutions pertaining to the Managed Backup Service at Rackspace Hosting.
A Backup Administrator is expected to take the initiative on issues and probe deeper into problems to fix root causes to proactively prevent recurrence. Also advises on best practices to ensure that customer's backup solutions are able to work in a reliable, efficient and supportable way.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ ABILITY:
• Able to communicate in a clear and concise manner both in written form of emails, ticket comments, and verbally; as well as internally and on the phone with customers. Basic knowledge of data backup and restoration methodologies.
• Basic knowledge of, but not limited to MMC consoles, event viewer, basic FTP file transfers, user permissions, and service management within Microsoft Windows Server* and/or the ability to (but not limited to) navigate file systems, editing with vi, identify running services and processes, SSH and FTP, file permissions, and basic network troubleshooting tools within Redhat Linux*.
• Basic knowledge of TCP/IP, DNS, Email and networking.
• Basic general understanding of databases including Microsoft SQL* and Mysql*.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
•Able to work well under pressure and under stressful situations while supporting a customer base of over 18,000.
•Self-motivated; ability to maintain excellence in service withmoderate supervision.
•Basic analytical and problem solving skills.
•Ability to successfully work and promote inclusiveness insmall groups.
•Ability to provide FANATICAL support.
•Consistent regular interaction with both internal and external customers as well as account managers and management.
•Resolve escalated customer issues and manage escalations further to internal support.
•Basic troubleshooting of backup and restore failures on multiple platforms with varied configurations.
•Perform data restorations for servers, file systems, and databases upon customer request in a calm and controlled fashion while maintaining consistent communication with the customer.
•Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Commvault*backup applications on client servers.
•Proactively look to improve and add efficiency to current processes and exercise judgment in the decision-making process in order to provide consistent FANATICAL customer service.
•2-5 Yrs of customer service experience in an Information Technology or *FANATICAL customer service environment for L1 support.
•Relevant experience of Microsoft Windows Server* and/or RedhatLinux* professional system administration experience.
•B.Tech / BCA/MCA / equivalent Graduation/PG
•(10+2+3Yrs of minimum qualification is required)
•Previous professional experience with Legato Networker, Legato Replistor, Veritas NetBackup, Veritas Backup Exec, CA ARCserve,HP Omniback, Arkeia, CommVault, or other backup/replication software.