Consulting Cloud Engineer
We’re currently expanding our Professional Services Consulting Engineering team and have an opportunity for an experienced Cloud Engineer to join our UK team to provide engineering consulting services into Rackspace’s Enterprise and SME clients.
As a Consulting Engineer you’ll spend your time with our customers, understanding their problems, and getting hands-on, building solutions. Not only is Rackspace a great place to work, we’ll also move your career forward, with massive learning opportunities, the Rackspace team has gained over 150 GCP Architecture and Engineering Certifications in the past 18 months!
You’ll join a team with great colleagues and a positive atmosphere
The ideal candidate will have strong, hands on technical skills, with the experience and consulting skills to understand, shape and deliver against our customers’ requirements.
You’ll be a strong technical expert, with experience leading complex projects from inception to delivery. You’ll have experience working in a consulting role, leading multiple junior engineers to deliver automated, secure and robust cloud infrastructure solutions.
You’re happy to get involved in all levels of technical discussions, from architecture to hands on coding. A good grounding in infrastructure technology is highly advantageous, as is a programming background.
Leveraging personal subject matter expertise, working closely with peers, the role will be accountable for delivering engineering consulting services in a client-facing role, often on-site with customers. The ability to manage and communicate with senior stakeholders is a must.
Skills & Experience
- Hands-on cloud experience, preferably GCP.
- Experience building cloud automation, including CD/CI pipelines using technologies equivalent to Ansible, Terraform, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Docker. Experience in these specific technologies is desirable
- Strong network experience, familiar with cloud network patterns such as VPC, network interconnect, subnets, peering, firewalls, etc...
- Experience with SIEM Administration including the capture and processing of logs and processes.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of cloud related technologies, and can articulate best practice approaches and practices
- Experience collaborating with developers and platform engineers, contributing to architecture and continuously optimising infrastructure to remove bottlenecks and improve automation.
- Skills in Go, NodeJS and/or Python preferable
- Experience leading technical teams, with multiple engineers reporting in multi-million pound projects/programmes
- Monitors and reports on the progress of development projects, ensuring that projects are carried out in accordance with agreed standards, methods and procedures
- Ideally have a degree in a technology field or equivalent industry experience
- Willing to travel up to 75% of the time, should it be necessary
- Excellent communication skills and customer facing experience