Workday Product Manager III (Remote or Onsite)
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITY: Designs and implements custom Workday business solutions for HR. Manages activities related to the integration of the Workday system and related applications into the organization's information systems. Serves as the lead technical resource for the Workday system to include design, changes, configuration, implementation, testing, and documentation. Consults with internal customers and key business stakeholders to confirm requirements, design alternatives, facilitate discussions, and provide final approval. Ability to identify and recommend best practices within Workday and independently configure large/complex global business solutions in the tool.
- Excellent business consulting skills.
- Expert knowledge of technology trends.
- Expert knowledge about leading edge technologies and their application to HR and HR systems.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with all levels and geographies of organization, both technical and non-technical.
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Advanced negotiation and organizational skills.
- Ability to direct the prioritization of change requests and communicate the impact of new and existing change requests.
- Expert project management and methodologies experience with ability to create and manage comprehensive project plans.
- Ability to develop cost/benefit analysis for recommendations.
- Ability to communicate technical information and ideas so others will understand.
- Ability to successfully work and promote inclusiveness in small groups.
- Ability to provide FANATICAL support.
- Designs, leads and delivers HR technology Workday solutions that provide a high value for Rackers.
- Leads complex global HR systems projects to drive ease of use, scalability, and value for HR.
- Identifies issues, challenges, or problems and makes recommended process or technology improvements.
- Defines and manages Tool Release Strategy & Roadmap in Workday.
- Works collaboratively with IT and to transform, develop and maintain HR tools. Cultivates and manages relationships with key partners (IT, business partners, HR functions, vendors, etc.).
- Serves as a thought leader in the area of HR processes and technical solutions.
- Functions as internal consultant to HR functions to deliver process improvement, tools, tips, etc. and is the subject matter expert (SME) for assigned HR tools.
- Maximizes tool usage for HR and Rackers through on-going communications, training, and marketing.
- Owns and ensures tool-related issue resolution with technical owner (IT, vendor).
- Bridges the gap between user requests and technical requirements to recommend optimal solutions.
- Creates best practices in regards to collaboration, delivering high value results, and engagement.
- Builds global teams that deliver results.
- Owns and leads training, testing, governance, support services.
SUPERVISION: Operates under minimal supervision. May provide work direction to less experienced engineers and technicians.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 6-10 years project management experience with at least 3 years of that dedicated to running technical projects.
- Must have at least 5 years Workday experience.
- Must have participated in owning a companywide product software solution.
- Experience providing technology solutions to global HR organizations.
- Demonstrated leadership in successfully delivering on global projects.
- Demonstrated drive for results.
- Experience delivering and optimizing Core HR tools.
- Ability to select technical methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.