SAP Database Administrator IV - US
SAP Database Administrator IV
Responsible for administration of SAP relational Databases (Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2, Sybase ASE, etc.) and SAP software application products (SAP Business & Enterprise solutions, SAP CRM, or other SAP software solutions). Provides technical support and troubleshoot software application and database related issues. Plan computerized databases, including base definition, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, operational guidelines, and protection. Develop database tools. Formulate and monitor policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management. Propose and implement enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the application/database. Works on the highest-level customers developing a personal one to one relationship with them.
- In-depth knowledge of SAP supported virtualized environments such as VMWare and Hyper-V as well as Public Cloud IaaS offerings such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform.
- Detailed knowledge of supported SAP operating systems including Linux, Windows, Unix, and AS400.
- Strong understanding of indexes, index management, integrity checks, and statistics.
- Expert in troubleshooting performance issues related to the server, database, and application level.
- Expert knowledge in HA and DR solutions including MS Clustering Services, Database Mirroring, Log Shipping, and replication.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills. Advanced analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Expert knowledge of performance tuning at the server, database, and application levels. Expert knowledge in Backup design and support.
- Advanced Programming skills. Experience with application production environments and managing multiple databases.
- Excellent communication skills—written and verbal. Ability to work in a team environment. Excellent communications skills; written, verbal, and presentation.
- Ability to apply varying leadership skills and traits that create solutions and results to unexpected situations.
- Reads and interprets monitoring stats and tune database systems and applications for optimal performance. Performs database and application administration activities including installation, configuration, monitoring, tuning, and backup/recovery.
- Assists with establishing policies and procedures pertaining to database and application management, security, maintenance, and utilization.
- Builds tools for customers and internal teams by creating scripts or using software to automate administration tasks.
- Advises customers on best practices and Disaster Recovery setups. Expert knowledge in complex troubleshooting techniques at the server, application, and database level.
- Participates in sales implementations customer calls to provide advanced knowledge in the purchase of software, hardware or services that can be used to improve the performance of the database/application.
- Participate in 24X7 production support along with senior members of the Database Services Team. Participate in the database on-call rotation.
- Acts as the highest-level escalation point for the team.
- Operates under minimal supervision with wide latitude for independent judgment. Serves as a mentor to lower level team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or a directly related field required.
- Minimum of 8 years of directly related experience required.
- Required SAP certifications-
- Technology Associate - OS/DB Migration for SAP NetWeaver 7.4
- Technology Associate - SAP HANA
- Support Associate - SAP HANA
- At the manager’s discretion, a High school diploma/GED high school diploma and 12 years of additional relevant experience may substitute for the Bachelor’s degree requirement.
- General office environment. May require extended periods sitting and viewing a computer monitor. Moderate levels of stress may occur at times. No special physical demands required.