Network Security Administrator I - UK
The Network Security team is responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability and integrity of our customers’ critical infrastructure whilst providing industry leading Fanatical Support to both the customers and other segments of the business.
The Network Security Engineer will be responsible for the EMEA customer base comprising in excess of 4000 customers employing a mixture of firewalled and load balanced solutions, some incorporating DR and HA solutions.
The level 1 engineer will provide fanatical support to our customers and colleagues to ensure that new solutions are online within an agreed timescale and that new customer requests are dealt with quickly and efficiently. They will primarily be responsible for new device deployment and front line support, including customer calls, ticket requests and advice to other internal departments.
- Net device provisioning
- IP management for each solution
- Implementation and configuration and some basic troubleshooting of;
- DNS (A records, CNAMES, MX records, Authority Section, TTL values.)
- Cisco firewall (ASA/PIX)
- Cisco IDS/IPS
-Application firewalls (layer 7)
- Load balancers (F5, Brocade ADX)
-IP routing and switching
-SNMP and monitoring platforms
- Perform ticket queue monitoring, and prioritization.
- IP address assignment and management
- Provide world-class Fanatical support
- Build relationships with colleagues and customers via the ticket system, telephone and face-to-face
- Candidate must have the ability and desire to work within a Team Driven environment and be responsible enough to work with minimal supervision.
- Responsible for adhering to company security policies and procedures
- Strong awareness of subnetting and CIDR
- Good knowledge of DNS (A records, CNAMES, MX records, Authority Section, TTL values.)
- Switching (Vlans, STP, trunking etc) and general networking
- Needs good understanding of IP routing, TCP/IP ports and services, different levels of the OSI model and exposure to operating systems (Windows server and Linux)
- Will also benefit from basic knowledge of firewalls (Pix/ASA), VPN, access lists and loadbalancing (CSS, F5, webmux)
- Can work in a mixed environment using GUI and command line operating systems
- CCNA essential
- CCNA Security beneficial
- Current active Security Clearance or willingness to undergo Security Clearance Vetting
- Availability to work shifts
- Partake in on-call roster no more than 1 week in every