Senior Server Developer
Shopmium, a Quotient brand is looking for a talented and passionate engineer who will help us build and continue to scale our application.
Based in the heart of Paris, in a young, dynamic and caring team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of a B2C application in strong growth!
Please only apply if you have the right to work in the European Union. Please send a Cover Letter including your salary expectation.
Under the responsibility of the lead developer, and within the backend team, you will work to improve our architecture and the development of new features, on which you will have a strong responsibility, from design to deployment.
You will work closely with our product, mobile and design teams to refine the technical designs and their implementation.
You will also be a mentor for the junior members of the team to help them write the most beautiful code possible :)
At Shopmium we have developed a strong code quality culture and we are always trying to make progress on our knowledge and methods. As a senior member of the backend team, you will have a strong impact on these aspects!
The technical stack
* Ruby / Rails
* Web services REST and GraphQL
* Data base : PostgreSQL / Redis
* Modern Frontend : React / Apollodata
* Hosted on Heroku
* Continuous Integration with Travis CI
* AWS : Cloudfront / S3 / Lambda / ...
* A strong culture of code quality (reviews, TDD, CI)
* Modern methods that evolve all the time (kanban, daily meeting, retro, ...)
* A culture of development based on continuous improvement and collaboration
* Small teams and smooth communication
* At least 3 years’ experience in Ruby development or equivalent
* Advanced knowledge of the web and the development of web services
* Experience in developing a large-scale application
* Autonomous, curious and proactive
* You love the technical challenges and you have a strong product sensitivity that enables you to find relevant and pragmatic solutions
* You find satisfaction in the production of elegant and well tested codes
* You are a pedagogue and you pass on your passion for coding to the juniors
If you like to design a quality product with varied and constantly evolving issues, this post is surely for you!
* Part of a leading US Group based in the Silicon Valley
* Key position in a great technical team with great learning opportunities
* Competitive salary according to experience
* Cool office in the heart of Paris (75001)
* Drinks with the teams on Thursday evenings 🍻
* Baby foot ⚽️
* Restaurant Vouchers
* Commuting cost sponsoring (50%)
* Partial Flexible working possible depending on location
Who we are
Founded in 2012, Shopmium has created a mobile app that allows its users to discover new products in stores around them and offers their users exclusive promotions. No more coupons to cut, proof of purchase to send back… everything happens on smartphone in just a few moments!
More than 500 brands have already trusted Shopmium: Nestlé, Kellogg’s, John West, Heineken, PepsiCo, Dr Oetker and many others … Each week, dozens of new offers are being published online and in the app.
We employ more than 70 people in Paris and London and have received numerous awards for our innovative mobile couponing solution.
In November 2015, Shopmium joined the US group Quotient Technology Inc. – the leader in digital couponing created in 1998 (formerly known as Coupons.com Inc.).
Innovation is at the heart of our strategy and we constantly create new solutions for brands and their consumers.