Software Engineer 2
Quotient, Inc. (NYSE: QUOT) is a leader in digital coupons. We operate a promotion platform that connects great brands and retailers with consumers through Web, mobile and social channels. We deliver digital coupons to consumers, including printable coupons, save-to-card coupon and coupon codes for e-commerce. Our company is transforming the multi-billion-dollar promotions industry into the digital world.
As a key member of Quotient Technology software development team, you will help lead the development of next generation offer management platform for online consumer coupons. You will develop and maintain scalable distributed systems and contribute to all aspects of the software development cycle. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, effective communication skills, be independent and self-motivated.
Role Description: As a front end engineer with at least 3 years of relevant experience, you'll collaborate with a larger team of engineers to drive front-end development standards and work to continually to enhance customer facing features. This is an opportunity and challenge to make an impact in the real world using exciting and new technologies. You will work in small, multidisciplinary teams, releasing code to people as fast as possible.
- Have a natural ability to understand the full tech stack, and be able to debug and drive right design decisions.
- You must be proficient in Problem Solving and Data structures since you got to find the best way of handling huge set of data.
- You must have strong understanding of semantic HTML / HTML5, CSS / CSS3.
- You must have good understanding of MVC Front end architecture. Work experience in one or more front end frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue, Redux is needed.
- Knowledge on Nodejs is a good to have.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Proficient understanding of REST APIs and knowledge of how to interface with them Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Experience in Mobile and Responsive UIs
- Experience in improving Website performance is a plus. Eg. using Pagespeed Insights to analyze solutions
- Knowledge of SEO is a plus.
- Actively participate in design and code reviews to build robust applications and prototypes.
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment