Head of Programmatic Media
Quotient Technology is seeking an experienced leader to accelerate the growth and performance of our media trading desk. The Head of Programmatic Media will be responsible for the strategic planning, executing, managing & optimizing of programmatic media across multiple channels, platforms and devices including display, mobile, video, radio, and native advertising to support our CPG clients’ retail performance media campaigns and our retailer client’s direct response digital campaigns. This includes campaign setup, financial management and campaign optimizations to ensure KPIs are achieved. The role requires a deep understanding of programmatic media buying and experience executing campaigns leveraging DSPs (such as AppNexus, DV360, The Trade Desk) and/or other digital bid management systems. The role requires experience with DMP’s in order to leverage the client’s and Quotient’s data sets. Expect frequent collaboration with Quotient media platform and engineering teams to develop solutions to complex problems. This person will contribute to company-level thought leadership and will be responsible for day-to-day programmatic services for all accounts, reporting directly to the SVP, Global Operations.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the trading team that executes and optimizes programmatic media campaigns, overseeing campaign budgets and pacing and making continual adjustments to creative, targeting, and bidding to ensure client goals are achieved
- Provide overall leadership including hiring, onboarding and coaching
- Develop and apply and share best practices for this team, communications, campaign management, cross-departmental coordination (finance, ad ops, etc.), measurement, planning and reporting
- Evaluate inventory sources, data, analytics solutions and technology platform options in marketplace
- Be able to craft and present strategy, learnings and programmatic optimization recommendations to key account teams, as well as to clients in verbal and written form
- Analyze media spend datasets to create weekly reports and communicate campaign status and progress to internal teams.
- Ability to troubleshoot campaign support issues.
- Assess and determine targeting methodologies to be used across campaigns, defining a system where campaigns compliment and do not cannibalize each other.
- Develop and present POVs on pertinent subjects to account teams.
- Work with Product Management to understand business needs and ad serving technologies to address current and future opportunities with new ad products, enhancements and updates
- Stay abreast of changes in industry and where competitors are leading, and help establish Quotient as a leader and innovator in digital media
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years' experience working in the digital media buying & planning space with focus a on programmatic strategy and execution
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Experience directly managing and supervising a media team
- Must have in-platform execution experience pulling the levers in DSP platforms (i.e. Google’s DoubleClick Bid Manager, Amazon AAP, Adobe/TubeMogul, MediaMath, AppNexus, The Trade Desk, Facebook Ads Manager)
- Experience with digital ads trafficking is required (Atlas, DCM, MediaMind)
- Ability to initiate and maintain partner relationships, assess partnership viability and growth opportunities, & navigate deals
- Experience with the start-up culture or an organization experiencing rapid growth and diversification
- Must love and be curious about data analytics and how that affects the bottom line
- Must be passionate about the technologies used to support online and/or mobile advertising operations: ad serving, audience management tools, inventory applications, and third-party ad tags
- BONUS: Experience with major CPG clients
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Keen problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Drive, ability to manage details, meticulousness, daily tasks
- Willingness to travel 5%
About Quotient Technology:
Quotient Technology Inc (NYSE: QUOT) is the leading digital marketing platform that provides technology and services to consumer packaged goods (CPGs) brands and retailers to seamlessly target audiences, optimize marketing performance and drive sales. Through its proprietary cloud platforms: Promotions, Media, Audience, and Analytics, Quotient offers a powerful suite of solutions, including personalized digital coupons and advertising. Quotient’s shopper and data network is unparalleled, with retail partners representing almost $400 Billion in sales and more than 20 million monthly unique mobile visitors through its Coupons.com properties. By combining technology, data and distribution, Quotient serves hundreds of CPGs, such as Clorox, Procter & Gamble, General Mills and Kellogg’s, and retailers like Albertsons Companies, CVS, Dollar General, Kroger and Walgreens. Founded in 1998, Quotient is based in Mountain View, California with offices across the US, as well as internationally in Bangalore, Paris, and London. Learn more at Quotient.com, and follow us on Twitter @Quotient.