Product and Privacy Counsel
We are looking for an experienced attorney to partner with Quotient's product, engineering, data analytics, and operations teams to provide guidance on all issues relating to new and existing products and services while maintaining our commitment to data protection, privacy, and consumers. Quotient's legal team is small and nimble so a cultural fit is a must. We are seeking someone who takes initiative and ownership, uses great judgment to balance the law with practical business realities, and has strong communication skills.
What you’ll do:
- Provide guidance on compliance across all aspects of U.S. and international privacy laws and regulations, including data protection, data retention, data security and consumer disclosure requirements
- Serve as subject matter expert on legal and regulatory issues relating to Quotient and our products and services, including consumer protection, advertising and media, IP, and privacy
- Advise and collaborate with the product, engineering, data analytics, marketing, sales, business development and other teams on product development, marketing, commercialization and go-to-market strategy
- Analyze and advise on proactive risk management and mitigation
- Pitch in and help on special projects and other initiatives as needed
What you’ll bring:
- 6+ years of relevant experience in a law firm and/or in-house law department of a technology company advising clients in a full range of privacy and product matters from development to GTM; experience with digital marketing, media or ad tech companies preferred
- Knowledge and experience across the laws and regulations regarding privacy and data protection and security
- Aptitude or experience in working with product, data analytics, and engineering to advise on legal and regulatory aspects of product development
- Experience in consumer protection, advertising and media, intellectual property, litigation and/or competition law a plus
- Sound and practical business judgment, intellectual creativity, and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to professionalism and collegiality
- Fluency translating legal advice into actionable guidance for innovative product and business teams
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad range of legal matters
- Admitted to practice law in California or New York. This role will be based in our Mountain View or New York office.
About Quotient Technology:
Quotient Technology Inc (NYSE: QUOT) is the leading digital marketing platform that provides technology and services to consumer packaged goods (CPGs) brands and retailers to seamlessly target audiences, optimize marketing performance and drive sales. Through its proprietary cloud platforms: Promotions, Media, Audience, and Analytics, Quotient offers a powerful suite of solutions, including personalized digital coupons and advertising. Quotient’s shopper and data network is unparalleled, with retail partners representing almost $400 Billion in sales and more than 20 million monthly unique mobile visitors through its Coupons.com properties. By combining technology, data and distribution, Quotient serves hundreds of CPGs, such as Clorox, Procter & Gamble, General Mills and Kellogg’s, and retailers like Albertsons Companies, CVS, Dollar General, Kroger and Walgreens. Founded in 1998, Quotient is based in Mountain View, California with offices across the US, as well as internationally in Bangalore, Paris, and London. Learn more at Quotient.com, and follow us on Twitter @Quotient.