Director Business Development, Retail and Partnerships
At Quotient we are transforming shopping to make life better. To do so, we are adding a Director of Business Development, Retail and Partnerships to the team! As a Director of Business Development, Retail and Partnerships you will envision and execute a strategy that expands our network by securing partnerships and joint ventures with new retailers and other strategic partners.
The Director of Business Development, Retail and Partnerships will be responsible for prospecting, building a pipeline of prospective new retailer partners and other strategic partners and converting that pipeline into Quotient Network partners who will participate in all or part of the Quotient Network Platform of Advertising and Promotional Products. The types of retailers to pursue will include those within Quotient’s traditional markets including grocery, chain drug, mass merchandisers and other key verticals such as auto parts liquor retailers, pet care, home improvement, household goods and others as identified.
The ideal candidate will be a strategic thinker who can sign new retailers onto the Quotient platform, starting with one or many of our solutions. Which include Digital Promotion, Digital Cashback (Rebates), On-Site Media (Sponsored Search and others), Off-Site Media, Data Sharing and DOOH programming. We’re looking for a leader with an entrepreneurial mindset that can set a vision and execute, enroll the organization, and bring a high level of ownership to their business!
What you’ll do:
- Lead sales cycle for established and prospective accounts. This includes securing meetings with senior-level decision-makers, developing the needs analysis, program and presentation development, and closing the sale.
- Understand the clients annual planning process to be a strategic partner by having a seat at the table.
- Be a trusted advisor to our retail customer teams to create client specific solutions targeted to our partner retailers.
- Act as the lead interface to the prospective retailer and manage all aspects of the process from the initial introduction to contract closure.
- Exceed goals, growing the business year over year.
- Understand, embrace and leverage our full suite of product solutions Digital Promotion, Digital Cashback (Rebates), On-Site Media (Sponsored Search and others), Off-Site Media, Data Sharing and DOOH programming to be consultative and bring the right solutions to our customers. Use data to build a compelling story to clients about our value proposition.
- Drive the overall successful implementation of all programs by working effectively in a matrix environment of sales teams and other cross-functional teams (client services, operations, analytics, technical and product experts) in the pursuit of new retailers and partnerships.
What you’ll bring:
- 12+ years consultative selling experience in Retail Solutions, Shopper Marketing, Brand Marketing, or B2B Sales.
- Successful track record of working with retailers with expertise in how loyalty platforms work.
- Experience in Digital Media or Promotions/Advertising focusing on CPG or Retail.
- In-depth knowledge of the retailer, including key marketing and promotion initiatives.
- Strong digital skills (media, promotion, on-line and mobile, shopper and analytics).
- Winning track record of major account selling to Senior-Level decision-makers developing trust and performance-based relationships.
- Successful track record of carrying and achieving goals in a highly-competitive sales environment.
- Passion for selling and creating value for customers, deep understanding of industry level data media buying, and client ROI.
- Passion for data and analytics and experience creating a story out of data.
- Ability to remain focused and flexible during rapid change.
- BA/BS degree. Business, Marketing, Advertising or other related field.
- Home-office based, travel as needed (at least 50% of time).
About Quotient Technology
Quotient (NYSE: QUOT) is the leading digital media and promotions technology company that creates cohesive omnichannel brand-building and sales-driving opportunities to deliver valuable outcomes for advertisers, retailers and consumers. The Quotient platform is powered by exclusive consumer spending data, location intelligence and purchase intent data to reach millions of shoppers daily and deliver measurable, incremental sales. Quotient partners with leading advertisers and retailers, including Clorox, Procter & Gamble, General Mills, Unilever, Albertsons Companies, CVS, Dollar General and Peapod Digital Labs, a company of Ahold Delhaize USA. Quotient is headquartered in Mountain View, California, and has offices across the US as well as in Bangalore, Paris, London and Tel Aviv. For more information visit www.quotient.com
Quotient is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, and do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age (40 and over), religion, political affiliation, citizenship, disability, marital or registered domestic partner status, veteran status, legally protected medical conditions, or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.