Senior Database Administrator
Database Administrator, NoSQL (Cassandra)
Want to be part of a company which has pioneered digital promotions, media and advertising solutions driven by data. We innovate every day to connect Shoppers, Retailers and thousands of brands to provide world class Shopping experience. Quotient Retailer iQ™, has been awarded the Digiday Signal award for Best Retail Technology,2017. The technology platforms that bring efficiency, effectiveness and creativity to the media and marketing processes for brands, agencies and publishers.
The Production Database team supports the database Infrastructure, build and maintain large foot print of MariaDB, MS SQL, Cassandra platform that servers millions of retail customers. We are looking for a talented database administrator to be part of our Bengaluru, India team. As a Database Administrator, you will fill an operational role, having ownership of all deep technical aspects of our database platform maintaining HA. Reporting to the Director of Technical Operations, you will partner with onsite DBA team following sun model to deliver required performance and scaling of the production servers.
- Candidate will be responsible for administering, monitoring, and maintaining large footprint of Multi-Datacenter Datastax Enterprise/ Apache Cassandra clusters.
- Candidate will be responsible for configuring and performance tuning of DSE Cassandra 4.x and above, Solr and Spark clusters.
- Configuring and monitoring ring in Cassandra, in-depth knowledge of housekeeping activities with opscenter, nodetool or other open source tools.
- Optimizing, monitoring, and understanding of Cassandra configurations to help increase the performance of the clusters. Scripting, Automation and monitoring of compression, compaction and other set up parameters based on the use case of Column families.
- Backup and Recovery: Taking a Snapshot, Incremental Backup, Restore. Implement Disaster Recovery.
- Patch/ Upgrade Cassandra clusters.
- Professional Certification on DSE Apache Cassandra is a plus.
- Strong understanding of compaction and compression tuning, SSTable management.
- Perform database tuning, trend analysis and capacity planning.
- Implement database security policies and audits.
- Publish and maintain SOPs and database knowledge base.
- Work closely with development team members and provide database support in schema design and changes, as well as code review.
- Must be willing to work on the Rotation Shift Or extended shift in Day.
- 5+ years administrator experience on Apache Cassandra or DataStax Enterprise is a must.
- 6+ years progressive responsibilities in Database administration primarily Apache Cassandra. MySQL and MS SQL experience is a plus.
- Strong Linux and scripting skills. Working knowledge of Ops central or ELK and Graphite/Grafana.
- Exceptional experience administering multi-Terabyte databases in 24x7x365 high traffic internet applications environment.
- Able to quickly isolate and resolve production performance problems.