Full Stack Ruby Engineer
If scaling a service to millions of users sounds like fun and you enjoy a fast-paced, flexible environment with challenges to spare, this is the job for you. This position involves working on various Ruby on Rails applications, including the Savingstar.com website, our partner API, and other smaller applications written in Ruby.
What you’ll do:
- You will be working across several existing web applications from the server-side Ruby code to the HTML/CSS/JS & Vue.js front-end code, as well as other various Ruby applications powering the SavingStar platform.
- Testing is a big part of the job starting with RSpec unit testing all the way to working with the QA team on integration tests.
- On the less technical side you will work closely with project stakeholders from beginning to production, working through any challenges together along the way.
What you’ll bring:
- Solid grasp of computer science fundamentals
- Professional experience building web applications at scale (Ruby/Ruby On Rails preferred)
- Capable of full stack design and development, from the database, to the view, and everything in between
- Able to take on projects from beginning to end (development, unit testing, QA, production)
- Work independently completing small to large sized projects
- Knowledge of Vue.js or strong interest in learning
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB a plus)
- Solid grasp of the SQL language as well as SQL database concepts such as ACID
- Hands on experience with Git
- Comfortable working in a Unix based environment such as macOS and Linux, as well as on the command line
- Bonus if experienced using a message bus like RabbitMQ