Principal Network Security Engineer
- Work closely with engineering and production operations teams to design, build, and maintain large-scale distributed systems.
- Automate current and new systems and processes
- Troubleshoot issues across the entire stack
- Maintain a hybrid environment consisting of both hosted as well as public and private cloud systems.
- Represent the Production Operations team and contribute towards new and ongoing technology projects in areas of scalability, performance and availability and security.
- Document and Maintain current and future configuration processes and policies.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis and implement fixes to ensure availability SLAs are met.
- Take part in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of proven experience working within high performing Network Engineering and Operations/ Data Center teams.
- Expert knowledge in packet analysis and troubleshooting complex network, application and infrastructure related incidents.
- Deep level knowledge with all TCP/IP layers.
- Good knowledge of networking and datacenter technologies, switching, routing, load balancing, network security in a multi hardware environment that includes Juniper, Citrix, Cisco, Arista etc..
- Hands-on experience of LAN / WAN topologies, Proxies, Load Balancers (Netscaler/F5).
- Proven experience of networking and Data Center Design and Architecture eg: spin-leaf or CLOS based topologies .
- Strong knowledge and experience in BGP/OSPF, Routing convergence optimization in a multi homed ISP environments.
- Knowledge of Layer 2 protocols, specifically: Ethernet, VPC, MLAG, 802.3ad, 802.1q, 802.1x,802.11, Spanning Tree Protocol (STP/RSTP), HSRP,VRRP/GLBP , Anycast, VLAN, VXLAN etc.
- Experience with Layer 3 Protocols, specifically: IPsec Tunnel, EIGRP, BGP, OSPF, VRF, MP-BGP
- Working / Hands on knowledge of public cloud deployments that includes VPCs, Security, Routing, compute, Storage , container based application architecture is a huge bonus.
- Experience with VPN technologies such as IPSEC, GRE, SSL is a must.
- Desirable working knowledge with CDNs and WAF (Web app firewall) is a huge plus.
- Hands-on SIEM experience and security incident management is a bonus.
- Working knowledge of vulnerability and risk management would be a gainer.
Super AWESOME if you also have:
- The ability to solve complex puzzles and problems
- Outstanding communication and documentation skills
- The ability to keep a level head as the world crumbles around you
- An optimistic outlook and a great smile you show off regularly
- Automation skills (Python, Ansible, etc.)
- A strong motivation and desire to automate EVERYthing